The website YourCommonwealth.org was established by the Youth Division of the Commonwealth Secretariat in 2010, and provides a conduit for the dissemination of information to, and a platform for the opinions of, young people throughout the Commonwealth. It attracts over 6,000 unique visitors a month.
Contract duration: 12 months
Objectives of the Consultancy
To assist in the development of building a strong community or following for the Your Commonwealth website, including editorial management and development of the network of young Commonwealth Correspondents.
- To be considered, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
Qualifications and competencies
The consultant should have:
- Extensive work experience in editing and proofreading content.
- Strong knowledge of the Word Press online Content Management System.
- Demonstrated experience in media and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong knowledge of journalistic best practice and ethics.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Commonwealth’s fundamental values and principles as outlined in the Commonwealth Charter.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with young (aspiring) journalists.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage
Closing date: 27 April 2016