Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Job Title: MEAL Adviser – CDGP
- To assume a lead technical role in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all project activities.
- The post will involve coordination with project management and state teams, and in line with DFID reporting requirements, and with SC guidelines and best practices.
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, develop a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Ensure that systems developed capture both quantitative and qualitative information, working closely with the MIS and Beneficiary Payments Manager and the DFID-contracted evaluation organisation.
- Help coordinate overall project review and evaluation activities as required in partnership with the DFID-contracted evaluation organisation. This includes coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as required.
- Ensure regular reviews of the M&E system itself, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with managers, staff, and partners.
- Lead in the preparation of monthly reports for Save the Children Nigeria and other partners involved in the project (including the donor) ensuring utmost quality.
- Identify the need for additional technical support to ensure effective programme delivery and coordinate the allocation of that support.
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by staff and partners.
- Ensure that all tools are practical to use and accommodate different levels of expertise and computer literacy, from community groups, to partners, to project staff.
- Work with partners and state teams to establish reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide ongoing support to state teams, partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent refresher trainings.
Data Quality Management:
- Lead the implementation of data quality assessment for the programme
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Work with the other Nigeria progam managers and effective programs team to ensure that the project’s M&E system is well linked and/or integrated with overal M&E systems for the SC Nigeria Country Program.
- Create a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, chidlren, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Develop programme learning drives for programme reports and documentations
- Keeps record of information obtained during research (database of information, hard files, etc.)
Research Support and Coordination
- Conduct literature research and support process and impact evaluations as required
- Analyse information about the programme and make recommendations for improvement.
Qualifications Skills & Experience
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 5 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics. Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning. Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Experience of cost benefit analysis, economic appraisal or other value for money methodologies.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress.
- Professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in economics or related discipline
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development.
- Experience working with social protection or cash transfer programmes
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply