Jhpiego, an Affiliate, of Johns Hopkins University is implementing a 3 years Bill and Melinda Gate funded project in Nigeria and Kenya.
The Nigeria project is to be implemented in Nassarawa state. The project proposes to develop a group care model for ANC appropriate to the Nigerians contests that will support the MOH to operationalize its guidelines and test whether their alternative model of ANC is more effective, feasible, and acceptable than the Current standard of care at achieving better coverage and quality of ANC services. The project is designed for high-volume government health facilities and will explore the opportunities and challenges of different settings (urban, pen-urban, and rural) to inform scale-up.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- The Program manager will provide vision, leadership and direction to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial integrity of the entire project is met, the position will be Adamawa state based but it will involve extensive travel to the project state (Nassarawa) as needed.
- The manager will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach with consortium members and key stakeholders.
- He/she will serve as the primary point of contact with the State Ministry of Health and its agencies and other stakeholders and will report to Jhpiego Country Director or his Designate.
- Ensure compliance with the program agreement results and the oversight of program activities to achieve the stated objectives
- Provide technical leadership in the design, analysis, and synthesis of intervention
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Write and/or review technical components of materials and publications related to the project and its development
- Work closely with Jhpiego Nigeria office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
- Advanced Degree (Masters – minimum) in Public Health, Health Administration, International Health or a related field, Clinical degree preferred (Physician,Advanced Practice Nurse, Midwife)
- Expertise in research to practice -identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities
- Fluent in written and spoken English and excellent with the use of computer
- A minimum of 8 years of project management experience (of which at least half is in a senior management position) in large multi-year international health sector development programs that have – implemented successful activities in areas such as reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health
- Management, training or clinical background in reproductive, maternal, newborn and/or child health
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to:firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation.
Application Deadline 17th March, 2016.