The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are presently into restaurants, hotel, and nightclubbing. We are opening new outlets in Lagos and looking for high-flying individual who shares the values of hard work, commitment and integrity and places high premium on personal development and career growth.
The Place is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
- A very smart accountant is needed to assist in reviewing and constantly improving our overall operations, from a financial perspective.
- The preferred candidate should have at least 10 years of external and internal audit experience preferably in one of the top accounting firms.
- This will include but not limited to: pre- and post- payment audit in all areas: material procurement, facilities management expenditures, project/ construction expenditures, etc; and revenue assurance. He/she will also be responsible for constantly improving our internal controls in all areas of the business.
- He/she must have unwavering integrity, strong sense/ skepticism for identifying control weaknesses and fraud, and firmness to always deal with fraud/ sharp practices in the company.
- He/she must be comfortable with accounting and internal controls. He/she should have specialized in related industries i.e. restaurant, manufacturing, trading and/ or retailing industries. He/she needs to be computer literate and be comfortable with computerized accounting software.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and supervising implementation of audit strategies/ programmes for preventing and detecting fraud/ wastages.
The candidate will assist in championing the company’s aggressive cost reduction drive, which will entail:
- Looking for ways of sourcing key materials cheaper
- He will conduct thorough review of financial data, compare finances across similar locations/ businesses and identify anomalies, wastage, cost reduction opportunities and overall business improvement opportunities.
- Reducing/ eliminating wastage/ thefts in all areas of the business: bar/club, storage, food processing etc
- The candidate will also lead all efforts on safeguarding the company’s revenue: i.e. preventing/ avoiding revenue thefts and inadvertent revenue losses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.