Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good governance, adopting a rights based approach.
Oxfam is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Location: Adamawa and Kebbi
Divison: West Africa Region
Job Family: Program
- To assume a technical role in implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems for all project activities in Adamawa/Kebbi State.
- The post will involve coordination with CSO partners and state teams, and in line with EU reporting requirements, and with Oxfam Common Approach to Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability (CAMSA) guidelines and best practices.
- To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
- To deliver Oxfam’s strategic and operational emergency/resilient food security and livelihood priorities in Nigeria and ensure innovative and quality programme which is shared within Nigeria, the West Africa Region and beyond.
- Post holder reports to: State Livelihoods Program Manager
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- None although this might change
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Support the CSO Project Manager to implement, monitor expenditure and budget appropriately, ensuring timely disbursement, activities, reporting, and documentation, monitoring variances and troubleshooting as needed
- Provide on-going support to partners, and communities to maintain MEAL systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent trainings.
- Analyse information about the programme and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in ensuring utmost quality
- Update project database routinely as at when required
- Support monthly data review meetings in States
- Work closely with the Abuja based MEAL Officer to ensure that all project reporting and MEAL framework and systems are effectively implemented and that required information and reports are submitted accurately and on time
- Ensure an effective MEAL data collection and reporting system with all partners through mentorship, on the job training, site visits and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by all partners.
- Work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to state teams, partners, and communities
- Facilitate the sharing of information obtained with communities, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Ensure project implementation is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal
- Constantly update project CSO partners and State teams on activities progress
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the State Project Manager and or The Abuja based MEAL Officer
Skills and Competence
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree
- Substantial training and experience in designing MEAL systems, in particular:
- For grassroots community programs that support women small scale farmers and families through local groups and structures.
- For programs that address issues affecting small scale farmers and families affected by food and nutrition insecurity.
- That capture accurate and relevant information, but which are user-friendly and can be managed by “non-IT experts”.
- That captures both qualitative and quantitative information.
- That will be used and coordinated by multiple levels of staff, partners, and community groups, across multiple geographical areas of operation.
- That complies with all EU and Oxfam GB reporting requirements.
- Involvement in agriculture projects, and/or those involving families and women.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, engages in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (SPSS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Involvement in projects utilizing grass-roots approaches and addressing issues of power, diversity, exclusion, participation, and gender.
- Proven ability to prepare timely and accurate reports and well-written documents.
- Strong training and facilitation skills for various groups at multiple skill levels.
- Experience developing or using M&E systems in projects with agriculture components and/or interventions.
- Knowledge of Hausa (spoken) is a plus.
- At least 4 years experience on a similar role
Based on the National Salary Scale of Nigeria Country Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter and CV in English to:[email protected] to the attention of the Recruiter.