With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications.
Job Title: Products & Services PR – Senior PR Manager, South African and African Operations
Development of communication programs to promote Oracle*s products and services.
Integrate advertising into the marketing campaigns. Maintain regular interface within the organization and with external suppliers and agencies. Plan and manage pan-geography corporate and local campaign media plans. Plan, manage and implement corporate and local campaign advertising creative. Use professional concepts, company policies, procedures and own creativity handling local campaigns – and arrange sign off with appropriate management level. Integrate all advertising across the communications mix. Maintain and communicate brand advertising guidelines. Provide support and input when assisting with partner advertising. Manage resources within the terms of project budget. Develop and manage brand communications audit. Measure advertising effectiveness.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set the communications strategy and focus on Oracle’s business priorities for the CFO, CHRO and CMO audiences to establish Oracle as the global market leader in the Cloud, specifically within Software as a Service (Applications) in the region
- Develop and execute integrated PR campaigns that tell the Oracle story to these specific audiences in a compelling way—focusing on customers, partners and influencers.
- Drive measurable collaboration across Corporate Communications, Sales, Field and Brand Communications to ensure key communications plans, narratives and content deliverables are used to maximum effect
- Assess and deliver robust multi-channel media and social customer engagement programs with a focus on content, placement, engagement and value.
- Identify, build and shape interactions with Influencer communities (media, bloggers, customers and partners) by surrounding them with a dynamic flow of news, opinion, commentary and expertise.
- Identify and work closely with spokespeople and luminaries
- Assist in crisis management and response plans for Oracle’s communications on issues originating from Oracle’s Products & Services portfolio
- This role must be filled by an outstanding professional, passionate about communications with a zealous interest in learning and delivering results, with minimum 5 years current experience working with technology from a business perspective.
- He or she will have excellent strategic planning skills, a solid understanding of the B2B technology industry and proven corporate communications and social media expertise. Experience of working within a global enterprise and counselling senior management in a dynamic environment are essentials and a high degree of personal initiative, collaboration and written communication skills are absolutes.
- The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of how technology is shaping and advancing the everyday lives of individuals as well as organisations – and demonstrated skills in applying that understanding to successful communications. He/She should have suitable knowledge and experience working in Africa.
- A University degree is expected and the ability to travel will be required.