The Solina Group comprises four subsidiaries that provide a diverse range of services aimed at improving the effectiveness of our clients including governments, businesses, academic institutions and development institutions. Our focus is on delivering lasting value through the work we do,
making us trusted advisors to all our clients and partners. We have a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals, who apply proven business methods and in-depth knowledge of the settings in which we work, to consistently provide the highest quality of service to all our clients and partners.
Job Title: Research Associate
Solina Group is seeking a Research Associate for its ongoing Northern Nigeria Routine Immunization Strengthening Program. The position holder will provide overall guidance and leadership in the dissemination of project research findings and best practices to the funders, government and other stakeholder groups including the larger global health and scientific community. The position holder will collaborate with project staff, research networks and knowledge dissemination hubs worldwide to package research findings, share relevant technical information and create communications and dissemination products. Further, the Research Associate will lead the analysis and synthesis of research findings and program experiences and will assist in the documentation of successful practices. He will provide technical writing assistance to project staff and the project’s management team
- Lead the development of program research questions, design of data collation and analyses plans and development of reports for funders or publications.
- Provide technical assistance to program team on data analysis and preparation of abstracts, presentations and publications for conferences, in-country meetings and international conferences, as appropriate.
- Identify and oversee the implementation of innovative approaches to disseminate information and learning through targeted project communication products and materials.to funders, project partners and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with other relevant institutions and networks in the global health community on knowledge sharing for routine immunization and leveraging resources, lessons learnt, and best practices
- Foster learning, knowledge transfer and experience sharing across the organization’s projects and networks on innovative approaches in knowledge sharing, including preparation of case studies
Academic and Professional Requirements
- First class or second class upper degree from a reputable university
- Post graduate degree (masters or doctorate) in public health, statistics or epidemiology
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience in operational research
- Writing/Publication expertise.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in both technical and non-technical written and oral form
- Keen interest in research-to-policy transition
- Ability to plan, manage and work in high-pressure situation under tight deadlines
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to analyze issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Manager
The Human Resources and Administration Manager (HRA) will lead a team of 2-3 people to design and deliver all of the administrative and HR functions of the organization. He will plan, coordinate and manage the overall implementation of human resources objectives and policies, implement recruitment and ongoing development of a superior, high performance and productive workforce. The HRA manager will organize and lead procurement, logistics management and office administration in collaboration with primary function officers in addition to other miscellaneous tasks.
- A. Human Resources:
- Guides management and employee actions by developing and updating policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate and enforce compliance with organization values and policies
- Contribute HR information, analysis and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and recommend changes.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans and employee development programs.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulatory legislation and concerns
- Develop and lead employee benefits management, safety, welfare, wellness and health policy and initiatives
- Lead problem solving with CEO and Principals on administrative and HR issues.
- Conduct employee needs assessment and establish and lead the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Plan and manage in-house employee training and development system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management, measurement of training impact and training transfer. Maintain employee training records.
- B. Office Administration:
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (administration, procurement, vendor management, inventory and stores management, travel, logistics, drivers and vehicle fleet management, coordination of road and air travel for staff) through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and project implementation functions.
- Manage all aspects of overall procurement management, systems, control, planning implementation including vendor management and contracting
- Manage periodic assessments and forecasts of organization’s support function performance
- Maintain all support function information and documentation archival and administrative files.
- Perform administrative liaison functions with vendors, business partners and entities
- Drive initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Perform office management functions including facilities management; meeting room scheduling; utilities management; emergency procedures management; management decision support; policies and procedures custodian
- Improve the operations systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better documentation, reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- C. Information and Communication Technology:
- Updating ICT usage policy and protocols; management of CUG and office internet usage; content upload to corporate website.
- D. Executive Assistance:
- Calendar and scheduling management for Managing Partner and others as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- First class or second class upper degree from a reputable University
- MBA or Masters in Human Resources and/or Administration, or similar graduate degree, required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop human resources and office administration department staff members
- High level of competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Evidence of good analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Solid management or Human Resource Management consulting experience a plus
- Specific administrative function management experience a plus Knowledge of employment law, practices and specialized training in organization development, organizational planning, recruitment, employee engagement and employee development
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Persuasive with details and facts. Methodical and accurate, with an eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR and administration department staff members.
- Commitment to excellence and quality improvement
- Able to work well under pressure and excels at operating in a fast paced work environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply