Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
We are AECOM. Built to deliver a better world.
Job Title: Chief of Party
AECOM is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation activity in Nigeria that will strengthen the financial and productive ability of water providers in select Nigerian states to operate more sustainability.
- Responsible for overall program management and implementation ensuring application of international best practices consistent with client expectations and abilities
- Ensures program results and outcomes including client satisfaction, timely deliverable submission, assignment completion, and quality assurance and control
- Supervises all field-based program technical staff, consultants, locally-hired support staff, and partners
- Advanced degree in fields related to water resources management, water sanitation and supply management, or other relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience on USAID funded projects; with significant management or oversight roles
- Prior Chief of party or equivalent experience on projects of similar scope and size
- Deep understanding of, and experience working in, the water and sanitation sector, and activities focused on water and sanitation sector strengthening and improvement
- Experience managing complex programs in Africa
- Direct experience in the water and sanitation sector in an African context preferred
- Experience managing USAID-funded projects preferred
- Prior experience working in Nigeria preferred
- Fluency in a second language
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply for this Position