Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Team Leader
Project Overview and Role
- The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) is a flagship five-year Public Sector Accountability and Governance programme, working in three States, and in addition 3 Regions of Nigeria, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
- The focus of PERL is to reform how governments organise their core business of making, implementing, tracking and accounting for policies, plans and budgets used in delivering public goods and services to the citizenry, and how citizens themselves engage with these processes.
- The Engaged Citizens (ECP) is part of RERL sustainable delivery of public goods and services which better respond to citizens needs.
- Support the implementation of strategic engagement via the Strategic Leadership Board and the ECP Team via the Programme Management Team through the Heads of the Technical Support, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Operational Teams.
- As a member of the Strategic Technical Group work alongside with the Technical Director who will coordinate technical input from niche partners and Short Term Technical Assistant in support of engagement with (Civil Society, Media, State Houses of Assembly (SHOA), National Assembly (NASS), Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and also maintain constructive and open working relationship with DFIDN and Palladium Management in Abuja and London.
- The program is divided into three pillars with pillar one titled Accountable, Capable and Responsive Government (ARC) will help strengthened processes, practices and capabilities within government to ensure more accountable and effective use of public resources.
- Pillar two Engaged Citizens (ECP) will help constituencies become increasingly effective at influencing governments on selected service delivery and policy issues for the benefit of increasing numbers of Nigerians.
- Finally pillar three titled Learning, Evidence and Influencing (LEAP) will engage in Nigerian public discourse including other development programmes, and political leadership for them to benefit from a strengthened evidence base (provided by the work of Pillars 1&2) on how to deliver public sector reform and broader social change in favour of increased public accountability and reduced corruption.
- Provide Leadership for the ECP Team and linkages between the Programme Steering Committee and the various components of PERL and cross cutting Management Teams with responsibility for operational management (systems and processes concerned with managing funds, human resources, and donor accountability).
- Maintain constructive and open working relationship with DFID Nigeria and Palladium Management in Abuja and London. Managing ECP’s relationship with DFID and with Palladium when compliance is needed and when to push back on key issues; provide a buffer between DFID and Palladium demands and requirements of operationalizing a PDIA Programme.
- Through the 3 Heads of Operations, MEL and Technical Support ensure adequate processes and procedures are in place, are fit for purpose and are operationalized to support the delivery of ECP objectives
- Ensure that the Programme Management Team, (PMT) links into Palladium’s corporate management and technical systems and back-stopping functions.
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with DFID funded programmes is an advantage
- Management experience from the private sector is relevant ? particularly experience deriving from managing companies concerned with providing professional services
- Post-Graduate Degree in a relevant field (i.e .Public Administration/ Political Science / MBA)
- Strong quantitative, qualitative and analytical skills.
- Ideally 10 years of experience managing a Programme or Project
- Experience of work with governmental and nongovernmental actors
- Experience in international development is an advantage
Key Competencies and professional expertise:
- Have strong competences that include facilitative leadership skills, effective delegation techniques, empowering and supportive managerial style
- Motivate staff in a learning environment
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English
- Fluent in Hausa would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office package
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations in both the formal and informal setting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th July, 2016.