Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Management Sciences for Health is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operation Officer
Job ID: 13-9019
Reports To: COMU Manager
- The Operations Officer assists in the office administration and logistics of the MSH.
- The Operations Officer is responsible for ensuring that the operational and administrative functions support the timely and effective implementation of the project’s technical scope of work.
- Provide technical assistance to FAA on a daily basis as requested on how best they go about their duties and responsibilities.
- Follow-up with contractors to ensure proper service and maintenance of Generators, Photocopier, AC’s, etc is carried out in timely fashion.
- Liaise with Abuja office staff (IT, Finance, Operations, Transport & Logistics & technical) in sorting out identified needs as soon as possible.
- Liaise with FAA’s to ensure the remittance of maintenance logs upon which specific instructions are rectified to forestall breakdown.
- Follow-up on contractors to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Support the management of the motor pool and dispatch team, and of its international and domestic air travel arrangements and approvals.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodations during their stay.
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Maintain rigorous operations ensuring that systems are in place for the proper receipt, rotation and control of program’s materials.
- Follow-up with FAO’s, FAA’s technical staff in resolving issues as they come up.
- Communicate pressing issues to supervisor for technical assistance and further directives.
- Supervise the office administration and logistics in the absence of the Field Finance & Operations Manager.
- Liaise with Security & Guards contractors to ensure an external supervisory visit on security guards is conducted periodically.
- Liaise with field offices on needs, issues and activities upon which they are treated as they emanate.
- Provide and ensure logistics guidance for delivery of items to field offices and facilities as the case may be.
- Liaise with Inventory Officer to ensure tagging and branding of MSH assets is conducted.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Ensure with the Transportation Officer the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by any staff.
- University degree preferred.
- Significant office management experience.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Expert skills in Excel Spreadsheets, QuickBooks or similar accounting software, as well as Word; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
- Experience managing USAID-funded activities and thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th May, 2016