MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business.
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GNOC Service Desk Engineer
Department: Network Operations
Reporting Line: GNOC Service Desk Supervisor
This function would provide 24 x 7 Service Desk services. The NOC Service Desk Engineer will be responsible for the first line contact and response to customers (internal and external) on all technical issues and queries reported. Using the trouble ticketing systems in logging all reported service and non-service affecting queries. Specifically, the GNOC Service Desk Engineer’ responsibility includes:
- First point of contact for customers.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Acknowledge and process all access requests by internal customers to all MainOne Third party PoPs.
- Ensure all Root Cause Analysis are dispatched to customers.
- Ensure customers are duly informed of all planned network maintenance activities.
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators.
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
- Deliver high level of customer service in line with SLA’s.
- Liaise with Service (IP and TX) Engineers to ensure proper reporting of all faults/alarms are reported timely to the Service Desk Engineer.
- Open a trouble ticket (TT) for every network event and ensure it is tracked up to the point of closure.
- Proactively update the customer via mail and phone call.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Acknowledge and process all access requests by internal and external customers to all MainOne facilities.
- To work directly under the supervision of the GNOC Service Desk Supervisor.
- Under the supervision of the GNOC Service Desk Supervisor, you will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the Technical Management of the project.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- HND/B.Sc (Information Technology/Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Science
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- CCNA certifications
- Technical knowledge of SDH and IP Technology will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other computer application such as trouble ticketing
- Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
- Good technical documentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel within and out of the country at short notice.
- Industry experience in a customer facing unit/department preferred.
- Understanding of Main One’s products and processes.
- Eager and quick to learn.
- Good communication skills (Written & Verbal).
- Able to use initiative to tackle a broad range of problems, while still following procedures and processes.
- Good diagnostic, analysis and problem resolution skills with a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritisation of workload.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, click on “GNOC Service Desk Engineer”