Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Assistant to Managing Partners
- This position is responsible for providing administrative support in a law office.
- Assists principal partner with managing schedules, coordinating meetings and travel, answering phones, and communicating with clients.
The responsibilities of this role includes but not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative assistance to legal staff in a law office.
- Manage schedules, including trial dates and hearings.
- Coordinate appointments, meetings, and business travel.
- Plan, support, and implement logistics for the law firm
- Coordinate meetings, teleconference, meetings and video conferences.
- Coordinate with customers, external counsel and other vendors to obtain and exchange information and documentation related to legal matters.
- Assess the urgency of situations and determine appropriate actions, monitor status of pending item, provide follow up and keep management informed by communicating a wide variety of information.
- Prepare legal correspondence and presentations.
- Maintain legal management systems.
- Conduct research for report preparation.
- Train lawyers and support staff in the use of all office systems, including case management system, filing protocols, and docket/diary procedures.
- Utilize case management system for electronic data management of legal files and creation of management reports.
- Ensure that all necessary information is shared between clients and staff on various files.
- Oversee and coordinate acquisition and maintenance of legal research and reference materials for office, including hard copy and electronic materials.
- OND / HND / BSc. graduate or equivalent
- 3-5years of clerical/secretarial experience, with a minimum of two years at the level of secretary or Relevant Degree in Secretarial Studies or any related field
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain efficient office procedures and a system for keeping track of requested actions and reports.
- Type from rough draft and keyboard at an efficient rate of speed.
- Meet strict timelines and perform multiple tasks.
- Skill and knowledge in the operation, use and care of office equipment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of technology (i.e. computers, word processing, database spreadsheet programs and power point).
- Knowledge and ability of record keeping methods, keyboarding and preparation of correspondence.
- Knowledge of alphanumeric filing systems, inventory control methods and methods commonly used in the training for acquiring clerical skills.
- Planning, organizing and analyzing.
- Manage an office and coordinate daily activities and/or schedule.
- Writing, reporting, presenting and communicating information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
- Work harmoniously with individuals and groups of employees.
- Work independently and organize complex clerical tasks and administrative tasks quickly and accurately.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a variety of situations.
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Accomplish work responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Remain calm under trying circumstances and work with frequent interruptions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply