Co Creation Hub (CcHUB) is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place.
The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Account Clerk (CcHUB)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Co-creation Hub seeks a detail oriented and result driven Account clerk. In this role, you will play a key part in providing proactive support to a new generation of social innovators building solutions to address key challenges in the Nigerian society.
- This is an opportunity to be part of our passionate team seeking to harness the power of collaboration and technology to bring much needed sustainable solutions to the local marketplace.
- The Account Clerk will play a key role in the day-to-day account book-keeping and provide accounting support for start-ups in the Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out basic book-keeping and support in preparation of financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and other related financial report on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Review financial documents to ensure accuracy of the information there in and compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Proper filing of all accounting and supporting documents with proper references to ease document tracing, and are kept in accordance with the organization’s requirement.
- Support in financial reporting preparation including general ledger preparation, payroll management, accounts receivables, accounts payable, inventory management; stock counts, cashbook, project accounts, costing and control.
- Prepare the necessary payment vouchers before any cash disbursements
- Management, disbursement and retirement of petty cash according to approval limit.
- Post financial transactions to accounting software on a real-time basis, and ensure corresponding journal, and ledger entries are adequately prepared.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Carry out other administrative/book-keeping tasks as assigned by the manager.
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- B.Sc. degree in Accounting, Administration, Economics or in any other related field.
- Years of Experience – Entry Level
- Computer skills on MS Office
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
The position offers a competitive salary depending on applicant’s competence and ability to learn.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 7th April, 2016.