Ipas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions.
Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
Ipas is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Advisor I, Research and Evaluation
Job ID: 2016-1580
- Develops, implements and manages the ongoing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of Ipas Nigeria’s programs.
- Ensures adherence to all global R&E standard operating procedures.
- Represents Ipas in national and international research and policy fora through conference presentations and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Manages relationships and capacity building with external agencies and partner organizations for contracted or collaborative research and evaluation projects.
- Carries out other tasks to support Ipas Nigeria’s R&E efforts.
- Serves as principal or co-principal investigator of Ipas Nigeria’s research projects.
- Oversees and directs the use of Ipas’s data monitoring system, including building the capacity of R&E and other technical staff to appropriately use the system.
- Provides quantitative and qualitative analyses for internal and external use, including donor reports and meetings.
- Works with Ipas’s global staff in the US to develop new monitoring and evaluation tools as needed.
Requirements for the position include:
- Advanced degree (doctorate or masters) in Social Science or Public Health with 7+ years work experience in research and evaluation of health programs in developing countries, especially in West Africa.
- Experience working with donor and government agencies.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian health system.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate verbally in at least one Nigerian language.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen and local resident
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Experience in supervising technical staff and building a team environment.
- Strong Excel skills; experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced working knowledge of Stata statistical software.
- Experience working with databases; experience with relational databases preferred.
- Experience with geographic mapping software and qualitative analysis software (NVivo, ATLAS.ti or others) preferred.
- Strong substantive background in sexual and reproductive health and rights.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply