DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
The following job vacancy exists at DAI:
Job Title: Senior M4P Portfolio Manager
- Supervising and directing the implementation of pilot activities
- The Senior M4P specialist will manage and assist the Intervention Managers to start up new pilot interventions in the MADE sectors and to help guide the pilots through to scale up and roll out.
- There will be some preliminary consultations with the private sector on market development issues, in the above sectors, and in the additional sectors to be started up in the implementation stage.
- Managing the development and finalizing design of additional interventions
- Supervising and managing the market systems analysis, development and delivery of additional interventions required to meet the Project Milestone deliverables over the life of the project
- Design, structure and negotiate technical aspects of interventions with potential private sector or other implementing partners (deal notes);
- Providing QA/QC on all ongoing interventions;
- Ensure the meeting of programme output targets for milestone payments;
- Serve as a member of the senior management team for the project, liaising with Monitoring and Evaluation and the Advocacy and Finance and administration teams
- Provide to the Ops Manager the yearly, quarterly, monthly forecast and weekly plan and budget for each value chain, activities, STTAs and grants.
- Managing and directing the Intervention Managers and Intervention officers.
- Supervising and managing the intervention managers in the development and implementation of new interventions using the analytical processes and analytical rigor needed to identify and address the underlying constraints in the target sectors.
- Assist the Programme Team Leader in personnel reviews for the market development intervention team.
- Other management tasks, as required.
- Ensuring the quality reporting of progress on all activities, interventions in his portfolio for the quarterly and annual reports.
- Will lead on the Annual Workplan development for the M4P interventions, and finalisation of quarterly workplans
- Graduate degree in economics or business
- 10 years of experience working on agricultural development programmes delivering demonstrated results, preferably in Africa and Nigeria
- Proven background of engaging with large agribusinesses to develop linkage programmes;
- 5 years of experience designing and managing systemic development interventions (M4P and Value Chain) in developing countries, preferably in Africa
- Strong business management and financial analysis skills
- Excellent communication and written skills