Abt Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Director for an upcoming USAID-funded health program in Nigeria. The program will focus on family planning, reproductive health, and maternal, new born, and child health across northern Nigeria.
Job Title: Technical Specialist 12 / Monitoring & Evaluation Director
The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will be responsible for creating and managing the M&E database, systematically collecting, analyzing and presenting program data for program staff, partners, donors and for preparing monthly and quarterly program indicator reports. The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will contribute to the project’s information management by advising on the planning, design, and strengthening of program M&E systems at different levels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Set-up and maintain a comprehensive and effective monitoring & evaluation database and physical files for all program areas.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the M&E data collection, data entry, filing analysis and reporting
- Produce a variety of written documents, presentations and visual representation of data
- Assist program teams to identify performance Indicators which will demonstrate project outputs, outcomes and impact
- Collect/collate and analyze performance indicator data
- Assist with evaluations and assessments
- Review and improve the M&E system in close collaboration with the program team
- Monitor implementation of the program to support effective use of resources
- Design and develop monitoring and evaluation plans, formats and reporting systems across program areas.
- Provide routine analysis to enable staff and management to monitor program performance and systems strengthening.
- Coordinate quarterly, semi-annual, and annual data analysis and reporting for all the program indicators.
- Maintain up to date accurate source documents for all program indicators.
- Synthesize and analyze data for summary and program reports on M&E findings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- At least ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in designing and implementing M&E activities and special studies for complex health systems strengthening and/or service delivery programs.
- Demonstrable analytical skills to measure the health impact of the project’s activities.
- Experience with capacity building.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Statistical Software).
- Experience with M&E work in HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, and/or nutrition desired
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods; firm command of M&E issues with respect to improvements in service delivery.
- (10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Click Here to Apply