WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: NPO Travel and Protocol Officer
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/15/FT635
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization unit: AF_WSR AF West Sub-Region (AF_WSR) / AF_NGA Nigeria (AF_NGA)
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: One (1) year
Objectives of the Programme
- The travel sub-unit is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing WHO travel policies and ensuring effective and efficient coordination of all official travel of WHO staff members, consultants and visitors in accordance with WHO financial regulations.
Description of Duties
- Identify new hotels and negotiate concessionary rates for WHO staff and Consultants; Make hotel reservations for WHO staff members, family members, Consultants, participants at meetings and Government delegations on WHO missions in and outside the country.
- Maintains an up-dated list of Government Ministries and Agencies and their senior personnel collaborating with WHO, eg Consultants, NGOs, Diplomatic Missions and other International Agencies for the purpose of follow-up of communication.
- Manage and oversee all airport protocol and immigration matters.
- Undertake travel arrangements for all WHO staff members embarking on international official travels and ensure follow-up actions with AFRO, HQ or other Agencies in facilitating the issuance of relevant travelling documentations including Travel Authorizations.
- Arrange visas for all WHO travellers so that they are able to attend meetings within the set dates and where the need arises, to arrange for visa at the point of entry. Keep updated addresses and telephone numbers for Hotels and carry out update of hotels in the country.
- Undertake other administrative duties assigned from time to time.
- Essential: University Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Desirable: Training in protocol matters, IATA training and qualifications
Verification of Educational qualifications:
- “In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: whed.net. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually”.
- Computer literacy in basic software programmes, in particular, basic word-processing, data management programmes, electronic communication technology and excel.
- Essential: At least 5 years experience commensurate with the duties of the post and its grade in government or any other reputable organization.
- Desirable: Prior experience in Travel and Protocol
- WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
- Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
- Annual salary: (Net of tax)
- At single rate
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th December, 2015.