Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Analyst, Systems & Reporting
- This position supports the integrity of the overall finance systems within the country office and ensures timely donor and management reporting.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Management account reporting
- Awards Audit management including planning and reporting
- Prepare Budget monitoring reports and share at monthly Finance meeting and reporting to RO
- Preparation of SOF loaders for upload into aggressor including amendment to SOF loaders
- Partner Monitoring and capacity Building of field office finance and non-staff
- Prepare Donor Financial reports for SCIN awards
- Project kick off and close out processes (Exchange loss/Gain elimination, debt recovery)
- Monthly recharges processing and posting
- National staff salary recharge
- System maintenance (Fund Summary, budget mapping; DEA creations ) for all SCI awards including liaison with relevant stakeholders, project managers, awards, members and possibly donors
- Others as maybe assigned by your line managers
- A Bachelors/HND degree in Accounting with additional relevant professional qualification
- 5-7 years working experience in relevant field,
- Proven experience in financial management and producing appropriate management information to support strategy development and decision-making by budget holders and programme implementers
- Proven training experience to all levels of staff, both informal (on the job coaching) and formal (structured training courses).
- Proven analytical skills and ability to translate analysis into appropriate, feasible and practical implementation plans and goals.
- An understanding of development work in order to communicate effectively with Members/Donors and programme staff on funding sources and programme issues
- Computer literate (including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access) and competency in development of spread-sheets and databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with thoughtful and accurate information
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment from time to time
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multi-religious settings
- Experience of developing guidelines and formats to support staff in donor applications and reporting with particular reference to USAID grants
- Knowledge of major donor funding sources and grants application processes
- Thorough understanding of interdepartmental relationships, dynamics and functioning in an overseas programme setting
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children
- Ability to translate complex, technical and financial issues into a language understandable by non-finance staff
- Experience of Save the Children financial accounting packages (eg Agresso), policies, systems and procedures.
- International experience preferably gained within an INGO in a relief/emergency setting
- Proven experience in grants auditing especially of USAID/DFID grant audits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2015.