An international school in Lagos Nigeria requires the services of a Head Teacher (Primary).
Job Title: Head Teacher (Primary)
- A Degree In Education Is Compulsory. A Higher Degree In Management Is An Advantage.
- Minimum Of 10 Years Teaching Experience.
- At Least 3 Of Which Must Have Been In A Middle Management Position.
- Experience Of The English National Curriculum Is Essential.
Primary Purpose of the job:
- To lead and manage the school
- To ensure the achievement of excellent educational standards
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children
Ethos and Vision
- Promote a culture of encouragement, support and challenge in order to achieve each child’s full potential and the highest possible educational standards Ensure the School’s vision is understood by all and implemented o Translate this vision into agreed objectives and operational plans which will promote and sustain school improvement
- Manage the School finances effectively working closely with relevant stakeholders, proactively seek further funding opportunities as required
- Ensure job descriptions and performance management for all staff are based on clear roles and responsibilities, reviewed at least annually and consistent with current conditions of employment
- Challenge and remedy under-performance
- Ensure exemplary standards of behaviour and attendance
- Monitor, evaluate and review classroom practice and promote improvement strategies; aim for outstanding standards of learning and teaching at all times Managing Resources
- Advise the governing body on the formulation of the annual budget in order that the school secures its objectives.
- Plan, manage and monitor the curriculum within the agreed budget, setting appropriate priorities for expenditure allocating funds and ensuring effective administration control o Ensure the regular monitoring of the budget. o Ensure that financial regulations are adhered to. o Ensure that the allocation and use of classrooms provides a positive learning environment that promotes the highest achievements for all including health and safety o Monitor and evaluate value for money.
- Ensure all policies are kept up to date, working closely with teaching staff, and the Governing Council representative.
- Maintain sound procedures for the security, supervision and maintenance of the School environment ensuring that all health and safety regulations are met
- Manage your own personal professional development whilst ensuring the well-being of and a good work/life balance for all personnel
- Ensure that all responsibilities delegated by the Governing Body are carried out.
- Ensure the school premises are fit for purpose for current and future needs including any site development etc?
- Promote creativity, innovation and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence Leadership and Management
- Develop, motivate and lead all staff to achieve the highest professional standards
- Build a collaborative learning culture within the School and actively engage with other primary and secondary schools and other agencies to build an effective learning community
- Maintain and develop our existing community links
- Manage change effectively
- Undertake other such duties as may be reasonably expected Teaching, Learning, Curriculum and Standards
- Lead in the design and implementation of a curriculum, which inspires and engages all pupils
- Ensure a consistent and continuous school-wide focus on pupil assessment and achievement, using appropriate data and benchmarks to set, monitor, track and evaluate individual pupil progress
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply