GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
GlaxoSmithKline is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Africa/DC CEP Market Lead
Requisition ID: WD93356
Location: Lagos, Nigeria-Lagos
Position: Full time
Functional area: Commercial
Grade 5: Africa Flexible/Nigeria Preferred Dept S&CB CoE
- As a market lead of the CEP portfolio for AFRICA DC, this role will drive the CEP Strategy Execution, aligned with the AFRICA DC Region and areas priorities, by being part of the AFRICA DC LT team. It will also provide challenge and stimulus to the Area LOCs to support the delivery of the CEP targets in the region.
- This role will require creating the appropriate network within AFRICA DC, and working alongside to the Respiratory and Vaccines Market leads, and the CEP LT.
- Describe the key deliverables to be achieved by the post holder and the ongoing responsibilities of the role
- Leads the cultural change required to manage a post patent portfolio (from the 2 Ps, to the 4 Ps), in line with the GSK ethics, values and the Area Strategic priorities
- Promotes a culture of relentless continuous improvement through clear lead & lag indicators and ensures central & LOC teams have clear, accountable action plans with agreed “get well” dates
- Aligned with the CEP 5 Strategic Levers for the CEP portfolio
Optimize/Maximize the promotional channels (Multi Channel promotion):
- Drives and challenges local opportunities development based on local markets insight- regulatory, payers and HCPs role in driving sales of CEP incorporating competitor strategies, distributors landscape and environmental challenges. Leads an innovative approach to the management of CEP, applying skills that are non-traditional for GSK Review, challenge and feedback the Annual LOCs Business Plan for the CEP portfolio
- Provide leadership & rapid sharing of best commercial practices and ensure fast implementation of successful projects across AFRICA DC
- Optimize the use of the area A&P, by leveraging the CEP CoE centrally produced materials, working alongside with the area Commercial Excellence and Multi Channel Marketing Teams:
- Participate in the co-creation panels, representing the voice of the Area, giving feedback to the CEP CoE about the Area promotional needs, in order to ensure synergies, avoid duplications and maximize resources.
Maximize the Commercial Channel (assessment, capabilities and execution gaps):
- Work alongside with the Global Tender Lead to maximize any Tender opportunities
- Work alongside with the Trade Lead to maximize and enable the Commercial Trade Channel strategy and opportunities.
- Maximize any potential price/volume opportunities
- Build the right capabilities for the tender team in the region including training, ETMS utilization, ensure tender compliance etc
- Monthly Input into the CCC process including representation of CEP Region DRMs, CEP pre S&Op and other forums to align forecasts, include updated risks and opportunities, and bridge the link to global S&Op.
- Maximize the use of spare capacity by identifying price/volume opportunities in the Area, working alongside with the Supply Optimization Lead
- Provide input and insights to the Supply Optimization Lead in cases of supply allocation requirements
- Identify alongside to the Supply Optimization Lead opportunities to simplify and harmonize the CEP portfolio
- Identify launches opportunities, by maximizing the use of our key strategic SKUs, using the PREPs process
- Act as gatekeeper for all new SKUs by assessing the business potential, ensuring it meets new SKU commercial thresholds, assess feasibility, green route etc before approval to launch
- Identify volume opportunities in the case of COGs reduction
- Identify launch opportunities, when the COGs are more competitive for the Area.
Breadth/ Scope of Accountability:
- Provide details of any scope data relevant to the role e.g. the net sales that the role supports / generates or budget responsibility.
- Annual Budget managed by this role (Provide either Revenue/ Assets Managed or Operating budget)
- Annual Direct Revenue Accountability please add currency) >n£100 Million 2016 plan for AFRICA DC
- Assets Managed, if applicable (please add currency) NA
- Operating Budget Accountability, if applicable (please add currency) NA
- Number of Direct Reports None (may have FLP Assigned)
- Number of Indirect Reports Indirect Reports (Leadership through influence) – Area Heads, General Managers, BU country Heads or Marketing Directors, Respiratory and Vaccine Market Leads, Medical Area Lead, Regulatory Area Lead, and the CEP LT team
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
List any academic or practical education that must be obtained to be qualified to perform this role.
- Minimum Level of Education: University Graduate
- Area of Specialisation: Business and Marketing
- Why is this Level of Education Required?
- Preferred Level of Education Master’s Degree
- Area of Specialisation Business and Marketing
- Why is this Level of Education Preferred?
- Degree in a Business / Marketing / Comercial discipline.
- Describe what experience this position will require the job holder to have obtained in past roles within or outside of GSK that would demonstrate a level of proficiency in the stated role.
- Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required Significant Marketing and Sales experience with post patent portfolio or Branded Generics, in order to maximize the potential of the portfolio, and experience of participating in an LOC or Area LT.
- Why is this Level of Experience Required? Requires a high level of seniority in order to manage Senior Stakeholders in the Area, and the complexity required for a post patent portfolio
Other Job-Related Skills/Background:
- List any licenses, certificates, registrations, or any relevant job skill or abilities not covered in Educational Background or Job-Related Experience sections above that are required for the job.
- Breadth and depth of commercial experience and good understanding of portfolio management
- High level of commercial/financial/ acumen- especially understanding of P/V, rebating trading/negotiation techniques
Experience of at least two of:
- Pharmacy channel management
- Digital marketing/multi-channel marketing
- Supply Chain
Section 3: Job Evaluation Detail:
Application of Knowledge:
- Briefly describe HOW the level of knowledge required for this role is applied / used within the role.
- Provide examples
- It is required in order to manage the complexity of a post patent environment, in order to maximize the portfolio potential according to each market archetype
Problem Solving & Innovation:
- Briefly describe the level of problem solving that the role requires and provide examples of why. Consider the difficulty of the problems to be solved and the extent to which judgement and analysis must be exercised. Provide examples
- The job holder needs to understand and have insight across different markets in the Area and above 20 key products sold trough different commercial channels. Due the brand are mature and develop in different ways trough the different market archetypes, there is not 1 solution fits all. The job holder needs to understand each market insight and leverages the potential of the CEP portfolio, understanding where can support each LOCs and the Area priorities.
- Briefly describe the nature of interaction that the role requires. Consider the interpersonal and communications skills typically required by the job, the extent to which the job requires cooperation and tact in dealing with others both inside and outside the organization, and the complexity of that interaction.
- Influencing skills need to be strong as the role requires the ability to influence people, and develop effective relationships at all levels and across functions, to challenge the markets in the objectives, investment, etc. This is a key element due the role does not have a direct decision into the LOCs P&L and the influence skills are a key element to achieve the objectives.
- Briefly describe the type of multi-cultural responsibilities that the role requires. Consider the multi-cultural responsibilities of the job. Multi-cultural requirements should not be based solely on the number of countries or location of staff/languages among co-workers, but the combination and magnitude of racial/ethnic diversity, variance in socio-economic environment, and how complex each country is culturally.
- Working in an above country role, the person will have to interact with senior management across the area and within the CEP team. This role will have to understand the decision making process across different cultures and also to understand the local environment for each of the country, that feeds each individual country strategies.
- Briefly describe the level of Impact that the role requires. Consider the impact this role has on business objectives, the sphere of influence and the required level of personal impact. Indicate whether impact is on a single or multiple areas of the business. At what level of the organization does this role operate?
- CEP portfolio represents 60% of the total Pharma Turnover, 90% of the volume. In AFRICA DC markets, these products participate in growing markets. The right strategy can bring grow to the region, the area and GSK.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply