GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Title: Pre-Sales Software Solutions Leader
The Pre-Sales Software Solutions Leader will be responsible for accelerating software and services sales growth in Sub Sahara Africa. You will bring to this role the demonstrated ability and desire to drive transformational customer software solutions that allow customers to better manage and enhance the profitability of their business. The role will report functionally to the MEA Digital Sales Leader for IPP/Power Plants and operationally to the SSA Industrial Internet Leader.
- − Bring deep outcome selling experience and skills to this role to lead GE’s outcome selling approach at each of our strategic customers to drive growth in PS (Power Services) region orders, sales and operating profit.
- − Lead outcome selling account planning process with each strategic account to establish a deep understanding of their business outcomes and needs, and align and quantify our value proposition with our customer’s specific business outcomes,
- − Work closely with current Account teams to lead customer engagement at the C-level to introduce our vision, link customer business objectives to KPI and align KPI to measureable outcomes and quantifiable value.
- − Establish and drive critical milestones and align our sales, services, support teams and executives with the correct decision-makers and influencers across our customers’ Executives, Traders, Asset Managers and Plant Managers to drive desired outcomes.
- − Leverage Regional Account teams’ deep knowledge of customer organizational dynamics (i.e. key decision-makers and influencers).
- − Partner with Region Account teams to maximize revenue opportunities aligned with maximizing customer outcome value (i.e. outcome selling, subscription, HW/Services/SW upsell opportunities, etc.)
- − Meet assigned quarterly and yearly sales and strategic account objectives in targeted customers.
- − Provide feedback from customers, market knowledge and other insights gained to further enhance and improve our services offerings.
- − Educate, train and develop current PS sales talent in outcome based selling. Success Criteria: Major personal performance objectives for this role in the first 12 months are: – Close a number (4-5) of deals in a manner that shows a new way of outcome based selling, pulling together SW/HW/Services. – Define business cases and repeatable processes which PS can further execute on.
- − 10+ years’ experience in software sales and related software services sales, including relevant energy/power generation industry experience.
- − Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, computer science, marketing or related discipline.
- − Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location.
- − Experience with power generation products and services.
- − Demonstrated success as a software solutions consultant at the C-suite level.
- − Proven track record of sales success.
- − MBA degree.
- − Significant expertise in customer/market-facing software sales positions as an individual contributor and sales leader.
- − Ability to build deep trust with internal teammates and end customer executives.
- − Strong desire to train and enable sales professionals to embrace and use solution selling approaches that compel end customers to adopt and implement software to solve more strategic, comprehensive, mission critical business problems.
- − Desire and ability to lead, advise, coach and mentor sales professionals through a process of hands on training and real world “joint” selling.
- − Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand.
- − Influential individual with the ability to partner, energize, and inspire.
- − Strong demonstrated oral presentation and written communication skills.
- − Can manage through ambiguity and a complex matrix environment.
- − Ability to speak French and/or Portuguese
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply