GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Resident Mechanical Engineer
Job Number: 2596991
Location: Bonny Island, Nigeria
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: PWR-PGS Power Generation Services
- Provide planned and unplanned maintenance services to GE Gas Turbines and Process Compressors at Bonny Island CSA site.
- Provide operational support to customer for trouble shooting, alarm and trip diagnosis through Energy Services Product Services Engineering. Outage planning with customer and CSA site team.
- Deliver all aspects of Contractual fulfillment in a timely and quality manner. Work for sustained growth opportunities through demonstration as a customer fulfillment agent
The Mechanical Engineer will support the Service Director in the execution of the Agreement. The Mechanical Engineer will take primary responsibility for the management of all mechanical covered equipment. His responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the Field Services, Oil & Gas Services, Repair Services and parts center activities to meet Contractor’s obligations under the Agreement.
- Respond to the customer’s technical inquiries utilizing GE Contractual Services (GECS) and Oil & Gas technical support services.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in Conversion, Modification and Upgrades (CM&U) opportunities to the customer and assist with implementations of any recommendations.
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities.
- Assist the customer with regular reviews of maintenance activities.
- Forward and discuss Technical Information Letters (TIL’s) to the customer; plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor.
- Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities.
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors. Ability to interpret P&ID and other equipment drawings
- Good communicator, should able to work effectively internally and externally
- Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Continuous improvement mind set, Lean outage excellence. Six sigma Greenbelt certified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply