Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian non-governamental organization founded in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food and financial security and to overcome their special velnerability to emergency situation generated by wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. Current projects focus on assisting returnees and victims of inhumane and degrading treatment. In Africa, in Latin America, in Asia and in East Europe, projects include community based development, improvement of the water supply and environnemental protection.
COOPI headquarters is based in Milan, Italy, but for the projects implementation, COOPI works in synergye with a network of regional and national branch offices within the developping countries where the activities are carried out.
JOB TITLE: Nutritionist
This project aims at meeting the immediate food needs of the IDP and host population of three LGAs of Yobe state by bridging the food gap that they are facing as a consequence of the displacement. The target population will be supported in achieving/maintaining their minimum kilo caloric requirements in order not to compromise their health and nutritional status, which is essential to engage in early recovery activities once the situation normalizes. The project aims as well at sensitizing women and their communities on Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) on
nutrition and feeding practices, while referring identified MAM and SAM cases among children <5 and PLW to the existing services. A mere food distribution, not accompanied by an adequate sensitization on feeding practices, breastfeeding and maternal nutrition, in fact, might fail to prevent malnutrition in children, compromising their future well being and development.
– Assist in the management/supervision/monitoring of IYCF (Infant Young Child Feeding) activities
– Contribute to the development of IYCF messages and IEC material for nutrition campaign, tailored to local needs.
– Participate in nutrition related coordination forums, working groups, and technical meetings and activities at state level.
– Assist in the consolidation of nutrition information from surveys and surveillance, and in the generation of analytical reports.
– Provide technical support and guidance to future programme development and project documents.
– Develop the tools for the Nutrition KAP survey to be rolled out at the beginning and end of the project.
– Train female community focal point on key nutrition messages.
– Based in Yobe State
– Excellent coaching and leadership skills;
– At least 1 year of field experience in development and rural areas.
– Good Microsoft Office skills.
– University Degree in Nutrition, related subject, or equivalent working experience;
– Excellent level of English;
– A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in a nutritionist position within a NGO environment;
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward detailed CVs to [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED