United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the UNODC Representative
Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-3
Duration of Initial Contract: One year, renewable.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Representative, the Executive Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Representative’s office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. He/she also acts as the HR focal point ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work outputs.
He/she is team- and client-oriented and acts in full compliance with applicable policies, rules and regulations. He/she works collaboratively with the programme support and operations team offices ensuring information exchange and consistent and timely service delivery. The Executive Assistant works in close collaboration UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Effective and efficient functioning of the Representative’s office
- Effective communications and administrative support to the office
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Support HR functions with full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNODC and UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Representatives’ Office office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the Representatives office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the CO team;
- Efficient and discreet management of the Representatives schedules
- Coordination of the information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Representative.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice memos, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Representative, including drafting of background notes, travel bookings, travel authorization, security clearance, rental subsidy and MORSS compliance documents
- Support to organization of media/advocacy events if required
- Maintain a contact data base for the use by the UNODC Representative
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for the Representatives signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by the Organization when communicating with Government and other external partners
- Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system including a chronological file ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Perform other duties as may be required by UNODC Representative.
Human Resources Focal point
In close cooperation with and under the guidance of the Operations Manager ensures the implementation of HR actions in line with applicable policies, standards and rules:
- Arranges and organises selection processes for UNODC personnel holding UNDP contracts
- Drafts and prepare HR documents and correspondence including for contract extensions, recruitment requests and vacancy announcements,
- Monitor and follow-up to HR related actions such as timely extension of contracts, filling of posts, leave plans, attendance records, compliance with performance evaluation systems and mandatory training using respective matrixes or monitoring tables
- Maintains the official status files for all locally-recruited staff in the office as well as for all selection/recruitment processes
- Prepare the Annual Learning Plan for the office in consultation with the Team
- Act as Leave Manager for all internationally recruited staff.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the execution of the CONIG HR services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry and presentation of HR information and team and client-oriented approach enhances UNODC capability in the HR management.
- Client Orientation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR; University Degree in Business, HR or Public Administration is an asset with specialized Administrative/Secretarial training in office management,
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme and Human Resource experience is required at the national or international level. Work experience with a multilateral or bilateral partner is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management system
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st March, 2016.