JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Jagal is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Job Code: 614
Reporting to: Head Chef
- To prepare & cook all food for daily feeding in the Shore Club.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Preparing & Cooking of food
- Cleanliness of SC and surrounding area
- Receiving food from Central Store
- Portion control & Wastage control
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Receiving the meat from Butcher & agreeing the weight/portions received
- Preparing and cooking of food on a daily basis
- Monitors hygiene and food handling practices for compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Conducts periodical stock takes as necessary and ensures stock rotation
- Enforces safety requirements and models safe behavior.
- Communicates routinely with staff through meetings, on the job sessions, and other methods
- Demonstrates team building and leadership skills
- Attends and participates in training activities and attends meetings as required
- Ensures security of departmental equipment and inventory
- Ensures Company confidentiality
- Completing all relevant paper work on-time and submitting to management
- You will report for duty on time as per daily shift roster
- You are to be correctly dressed at all times. A clean set of whites to be worn daily. No jewelry or watches to be worn except plain band wedding rings
- Liaise with ND staff to ensure the continued provision of the appropriate service.
- You are responsible for the correct storing, defrosting, preparation and final storing of all cuts of meat
- Make sure that all leftover foods are properly cooled and stored
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times and ensure that you clean as you go
- Monitor kitchen cleaners and ensure that all daily kitchen cleaning tasks are carried out
- Report any finding or defects to Catering Manager or Supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Catering manager or Supervisor
- Any duties as deemed reasonable within the associated envelope of the individual’s technical capability.
- Nigerdock and Clients
- Good organisational and time management skills combined with a high level of initiative
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services
- Ability to be on feet on hard surface for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a busy, stressful environment with extreme changes of temperature
- Ability to utilise time efficiently to meet all job responsibilities
- Must be able to read and write
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Food Handlers Certificate.
- Proven culinary skills with a 3 years’ experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply