Control Risks is an independent, specialist risk consultancy providing solutions for businesses to manage political, security and integrity risks, enabling them to operate successfully in challenging environments. We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people to join our business intelligence team in West Africa, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office.
Employer vision We provide real benefit to many of the world’s leading organisations. In doing so we give our people direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work on some fascinating projects in a rewarding, diverse and enjoyable environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Researcher – Nigeria and West Africa
Department: Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence (CFI)
Manager: Associate Director, Nigeria
- As a researcher in our team, you will work with colleagues who are self- driven, passionate about African business and politics and who are curious and informed about the governance challenges faced by businesses in West Africa.
- Our consultants have a background in law, business consulting, business administration, finance, journalism, among others. The diversity of our consultants makes our strength: we welcome candidates who can demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
- You will support the team by managing desktop research on subjects in Nigeria and West Africa in support of business intelligence projects which are focused on identifying issues related to integrity, anti- corruption and good corporate governance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Our researchers are detail-oriented and curious, and demonstrate rigour and creativity in equal measure, With guidance from your line manager and project managers, the Researcher will be responsible for the following:
Investigative case work:
- Conduct thorough database research using complex search criteria
- Analyse research results within the context of the project and suggest additional avenues of research
- Draft reports for external clients on research-only projects
- Undertake case-related administrative tasks including liaison with subcontractors, invoice approval and provide support to the case manager in proposal and report writing.
- Summarise research findings into draft reports for consultants on larger and multi-jurisdictional projects
Business and practice development:
- Carry out background research to support client development
- Seek opportunities to be improving our approach to delivery of solutions including through the application of new technology and identification of new desktop information sources.
- Prepare focused briefings for client initiatives
- Contribute to marketing and profile raising events
Level and Qualifications
- Education to degree level
- 2-3 years’ demonstrated professional experience
- Right to work in Nigeria
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese beneficial
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to summarise large amounts of information in a concise manner and communicate effectively for colleagues and clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Interest in key issues and business trends in the region
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a covering letter and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 31st August 2016.