Coca-Cola is the most popular and biggest-selling soft drink in history. An icon of all times, Coca-Cola is the best-known product in the world.
Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in and outside the United States taking Coca-Cola to consumers in other parts of North America and Europe and in subsequent years to other parts of the world.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Stills & Flavours
JOB ID 38930
- Responsible for Brand P&L (all brands in Portfolio), accountable for delivering UC, NSR, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing day-to-day, develop and ensure plan execution, implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside tmaximize monthly operating income.
- Develop and execute marketing and business strategies and integrated programs that maximize profitable, recurring volume growth and increase the long-term value of TCCC brands within the portfolio. Provide Marketing leadership tthe Nigerian TCCC system for identifying, creating and prioritizing profitable volume opportunities for the TCCC brand portfolio.
- Nurture an effective working relationship with West Africa Business Unit Strategic Marketing Manager, Stills – working within the strategic portfoliand brand growth framework provided while working collaborative with the Franchise and Nigerian Bottlers; ensuring proper field execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Nigerian Flavors & Stills Marketing team (2 people) while alsproviding coaching and mentoring throughout the West Africa Business Unit Marketing Community..
- Develop & Implement Strategic and Annual Business Plans tdeliver Nigerian Flavors & Stills Financial Objectives. (35%)
- Leverage K&I data sources tdevelop a deep understanding of the business environment, consumer behaviour, and brand performance; establishing a clear point-of-view on the current situation to anticipate potential developments & approaches that maximise short & long-term business growth.
- Work collaboratively with BU Central team to understand Global Best Practices & Strategic Frameworks; integrating all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall Brand Marketing & Executional plan. Define marketing DME spending requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements to grow Brand Love & drive transactions.
- Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all initiatives within the business plan. Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across business unit.
- Lead Bottler commitment tthe annual Flavors / Stills Marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives. (35%)
- Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; ensuring that both Price/Pack & PICOS In-Store Execution recommendations are adopted.
- Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).
- Provide effective People Management & Marketing Community Development. (30%)
- Develop and manage Nigeria Flavors/Stills team (2 people) to support business objectives; providing on-going coaching and feedback to improve their performance & potential within the Marketing & Leadership Competencies. Conduct performance audit against agreed role description & competencies.
- Lead training & development of West Africa Marketing Community through leading “Lunch & Learns”, providing mentorship tjunior marketing associates, and other activities; building overall capabilities and performance of the Business Unit.
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE:
Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: Franchise MD, Stills GM, BU Marketing Director, BU Marketing Teams, Franchise Operations Teams, Bottler senior managers
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans tdeliver sustainable system profit growth.
E.g. Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective setting and follow up, performance evaluations, coaching & feedback, developmental plans, hiring, terminations.
Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names): Assistant Brand Managers, Senior Brand Managers
Supporting Service: Commercial Finance Manager, Operations Marketing Teams, Knowledge and Insights Teams. Asset Teams, Advertising Teams, Media Teams
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Others
- Drive Innovation – Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement tnew product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders – Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders tappropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Act Like an Owner – Deliver results, holding self & their team accountable for creating business value (TCCC & System)
- Inspire Others – Inspire people tdeliver the business vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason tbelieve anything is possible
- Develop Self and Other – Develop self and support others’ development tachieve full potential
- Manage PortfoliMarketing & Commercial Mix
- Track/Analyze K&I Data Sources and Extract Consumer, Shopper, & Business insights
- Develop & Communicate Performance Reports both internally & externally tstakeholders
- Develop Financially rigorous Business Cases; anchored in System Value Chains and End-2-End actions
- Develop & Manage Price/Pack scenarios and OBPPC Shopper solutions
- Develop Annual Business Plans; integrating Communication Strategies & Media/Connection Strategies
- Lead New Brand Development Process – from concept inception tafter action reporting
- Build People Management: Use of Tools; Developing Skills through Coaching
- Build Bottler relationships – collaborating on ideas, securing Bottler Integration, and on-going learning
- Manage Internal Stakeholders – BULT, MLT, & FLT – identifying needs & managing accordingly.
10 years job experience, at least 5 years marketing in FMCG industry. Some General Business Management skills would be advisable.
Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
Business issues (full spectrum) – all brands and categories
People issues (full spectrum)
25% Travel – mostly within Nigeria, occasionally beyond.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 18th January 2016