Bizafin Consulting Services provides information technology and business direction, training and solutions to government and private industry throughout West Africa.
Bizafin Consulting Services is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Pharmacist
- Clinical pharmacy services (such as, therapeutic drug monitoring, drug regimen review, patient education, and medical staff interaction), and oversight (establishing and measuring performance metrics with regard to patient outcomes, medications safety and medication use policies).
Key duties include any or all of the following:
- Provides medication therapy management including examination of member medical records, performing a comprehensive medication review and communicating with members.
- Reviews members’ medication profiles and applies evidence based medicine and national guidelines when creating recommendations to health care providers.
- Analyzes and reviews medication lists for potential patient safety problems, including drug interactions.
- Promotes clinically appropriate prescribing practices based on evidence based medicine and national guidelines through various modalities (provider/plan profiling, member drug profile reviews, medication protocols/criteria, and case-by-case intervention).
- Creates and maintains medication protocols and criteria for the review of pharmacy prior authorizations. Performs prior authorization reviews of high-cost medications and deferred authorization requests as needed.
- Serves as a drug information resource to Pharmacy staff, Medical Affairs staff and Providers.
- Reviews and analyzes pharmacy benefit manager reports to track general trends in drug utilization and identify potential targeted utilization management activities.
- Works with Health Care Services (e.g., with data manager, case managers, etc.) on member-centered interdisciplinary teams.
- May prepare drug monographs and utilization reports for the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
- Assists Director with developing/updating policies and procedures and implementing changes to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Researches, develops and implements drug utilization and disease state management strategies and intervention techniques to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare.
- Assists in coordination of care for pharmacy-related issues between members, providers and other members of the member’s interdisciplinary care team, including referrals to state plan health care services.
- Follows up with members and providers to check on progress toward meeting drug treatment goals.
- Current knowledge and expertise in clinical pharmacology and disease management
- Should possess clinical skills or pharmacotherapy expertise.
- Should possess a B.Pharm Degree, Membership of relevant professional body.
- 3-7 years relevant clinical pharmaceuticals experience.
- Must demonstrate a high level of competence in clinical pharmaceuticals and possess strong people leadership skills.
Very attractive salary, bonuses and incentives
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 3rd March, 2017.