RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
RusselSmith is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer
Job Reference Code: PAS-17-0001
Job Type: Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes, coordinates and monitors the assigned project procurement activities at the various stages of work, as well as takes the appropriate measures to ensure that the entire project procurement cycle is on schedule and within the budget and in accordance with requisition or contract requirements.
- Communicates with requesting unit or department personnel in person, by telephone or in writing when discrepancies appear on unit/department’s purchase requisitions and modifies forms accordingly to ensure adherence with company’s procurement processes
- Communicates with vendors to interpret, clarify, inform and resolve procurement issues.
- Provides assistance to office personnel on appropriate purchasing procedures.
- Monitors vendors/contractors performance to ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions. Communicates with departmental manager on recommendations to resolve vendor performance issues.
- Preparation and issues inquiries for commodities, equipment, services and fabrication to suppliers in order to obtain competitive bids.
- Monitors all project procurement activities and takes appropriate action(s) to assure that the inquiry cycle, approvals, and commitments are on schedule.
- Ensure authorized signatory approvals are followed, and purchase order/change orders are prepared and issued with applicable attachments.
- Informs the departmental manager or H.O.D of complex procurement issues, critical areas or where vendor claims may have been requested and recommend corrective actions.
- Review and issue purchasing reports such as inquiry status summary, purchase order list and other reports as required.
- Identify vendors for vendor alignment and participate in vendor alignment meetings where necessary.
- Assist and ensure the update of vendor database files in the company approved system in order to establish authorized vendor status.
- Initiates and processes requests for quotations for department’s purchases, researching, evaluating, and making appropriate selection of product or service classification from the company master vendor list.
- Coordinating purchasing activities includes researching, identifying, and evaluating vendors for pricing and quality, documenting all purchasing decisions, and completing purchase orders.
- Maintains good relationships with vendors to provide the maximum utilization of their expertise, ideas, methods and material application in order to achieve maximum cost savings.
- Assists the QAQC Unit, evaluates existing vendors as well as develops new vendors and prepare the master vendor list where necessary.
- Ensure that distribution of procurement documentation is promptly accomplished as required by procurement flow chart and seek approvals, authorizations and signatures.
- Maintain and file necessary vendor correspondence and purchasing documentation for information and auditing purposes in accordance with departmental file management system.
- Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintains the highest ethical and professional standards and ensures that all departmental guidelines are followed.
- Develops and implements the procurement execution strategy and procedures in accordance with the company guidelines.
- Planning and development of project scheduling with reference to issue dates of requisitions and purchase order placement.
- Monitor the issue of material requisitions within required dates. Review requisitions for completeness and expediting all missing data and/or documents and establish early required delivery dates for equipment and materials in accordance with procedure and schedule
- Analyzes and evaluates purchase requisition forms, as assigned, to ensure purchases meet requirements.
- Coordinates, as needed, with the logistics personnel to assure the timely and cost effective transport of all equipment and materials to the required site.
- Process claims, back-charges and liquidated damages as foreseen in the purchase orders when required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A good university first Degree is required.
- At least 2-5 years of related experience in a purchasing position
- Purchasing-related certifications i.e. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) will be an added advantage
- Experience in supply chain development of procurement strategies is desirable thorough knowledge of commercial and legal terms and conditions
- Ability to manage contractual/commercial issues.
- Good coordinating and multitasking skills
- Good interpersonal and team spirit skills
- Knowledge of general principles and practices of bargaining and purchasing.
- General knowledge of procurement supply chain.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sale and purchase goods and services.
- Good bargaining, pricing and negotiation skills.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Effective time management skills
- Problem solving, data literacy and analytical skills
- Good vendor management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply