Andela is developing a corps of highly qualified technology talent across the African continent that will drive tech-enabled growth around the world.
With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development. We find the brightest young people in Africa, hire them to train as world-class software developers, and connect them with tech companies around the world.
Andela is a movement. Andela is a collection of brilliant minds across Africa. Andela is a programming sprint followed by a football match, leading into a rooftop dance party. Andela is a platform for tech-enabled growth around the world. Andela is a commitment that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, and cities across Africa.
We believe that to be world-class requires excellence in a wide range of nontechnical skills, such as communication, teamwork, and problem solving. As an Andela Soft Skills Trainer you will have the opportunity to help brilliant people develop skills that will ensure their success as tech leaders on the world stage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Soft Skills Trainer
Type: Full Time
The Andela Family
- Andela is a family of innovators and changemakers.
- Students begin leading class on day two if not sooner.
- We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft.
- We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly.
- We choose extraordinary people, then trust them to do the right thing.
- Trainers lead dance parties and difficult conversations with equal ease.
- Following the rules perfectly misses the point – we are a community of creators.
- We speak honestly, even when it takes courage.
Soft Skills Trainers train Fellows to master a comprehensive set of nontechnical skills (e.g. communication, team dynamics, problem solving) necessary for success as world-class remote software developer. Primary responsibility for the incoming Soft Skills Trainer will be to lead the MONTH ONE Program, an intensive 4-week soft skills onboarding program that aims to:
- Build a solid foundation for world-class performance with international software development companies.
- Set clear and rigorous expectations for required effort and outcomes from the start of the 4-year Fellowship.
- Break and rebuild habits, mindsets, and beliefs while providing framework for developing extraordinary life and work practices.
- Utilize unconventional teaching methods that are highly engaging, student-driven, laser-focused on the specific needs of Andela clients, and reject the outdated and counterproductive status quo of traditional education models.
- Establish a culture of excellence, passion, collaboration, and integrity.
- Teaching experience (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.).
- Unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative; capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience and prioritization.
- Uncommon ability to coach and mentor others with a keen understanding of their strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles.
- A good person who is driven by purpose, passion, constant learning, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Master in energy manipulation within self and among groups
- Exceptional professional writing and public speaking abilities.
- Extraordinarily dynamic and adaptable high performer, capable of making progress on multiple high-priority tasks in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong understanding of pedagogical concepts (e.g. curriculum, assessment, integrated learning).
- Experience working with Skype, Slack, Google Hangouts, or other remote communication technologies.
- Experience living and working internationally.
- Some exposure to the world of software development.
- Demonstrable experience building and managing programs (e.g. education programs, large-scale events, entrepreneurship).
- Experience with Google Docs, Trello, or similar communication and collaboration technologies.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
- Full medical coverage
- Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-filled working environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply