Andela is seeking a Simulations Facilitator to train Andela Fellows in a comprehensive set of technical and professional skills necessary for world-class software development. Andela Fellows join us for a four-year paid Fellowship. Fellows undergo extensive training, work remotely as core team members in startups and fortune 500 companies around the world, and grow into founders and leaders of organizations that will impact the world through technology.
The Fellowship begins with extensive simulations-based training that prepares Fellows to build world-class software products in globally distributed teams. We want you to take a lead role in that crucial first stage of the Fellowship. You will facilitate daily technical and professional skill training, create and run immersive simulation scenarios, and give Andela Fellows the support and guidance necessary to ensure they grow into world-class software developers and global tech leaders.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can impart their understanding of software engineering to the brightest minds in Africa at the beginning of their journey toward global tech leadership
- Can vividly describe a world-class software developer, how they work on a daily basis, and the challenges they face working remotely with global clients
- Craves the change and challenges inherent to technology startups and thrives when adapting to different roles and environments
- Join us as we build the best technical training program in the world and support a generation of African technology leaders that will transform the continent.
We Are Changing the World
Andela is changing the world. We find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with companies around the world seeking top technical talent. Our greatest impact will be witnessed in the years to come, as Andela Fellows graduate from the Fellowship with the skills and network to found and lead organizations that will transform the global tech landscape.
We want you to change the world with us. With the Andela Training Team, you have the opportunity to train the brightest rising technology leaders in Africa and help us build one of the best training programs on earth.
You May Be a Great Fit for this Role If…
- You have at least 2+ years experience working in the technology industry
- You have experience writing code
- You are familiar with agile development and software project management
- You love to learn, listen, create and inspire others
- Your speaking and writing abilities are exceptional
- You maintain the highest standards for yourself and those around you
- You are an unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative, capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience, and prioritization
- You can talk for hours about the software development lifecycle and the mind of the world-class software craftsman
- You are a good person and you are great to work with
In this Role You Will…
- Facilitate daily professional skills training
- Create and run simulations scenarios that instil a comprehensive set of technical and professional skills
- Role play a variety of simulation characters, such as product managers, technical team leads, and CTOs
- Track knowledge, behavior, and beliefs demonstrated in training scenarios
- Give direct, actionable feedback and handle difficult conversations with many different types of people
- Hold in-training development teams accountable to building real, high-quality software products
- Pilot, test, and iterate curriculum and facilitation methods
- Adapt to yet-to-be-defined responsibilities as Andela grows and evolves
What if you don’t meet these technical qualifications?
- While we strongly prefer candidates with substantial software development experience, we may be open to considering your application if you can demonstrate the ability to rapidly gain expertise in the domain of world-class software engineering.
- If you are confident that you are capable of this, please include a section in your cover letter that clearly identifies that your tech background is limited and demonstrates exactly why we should also be confident in your ability to rapidly gain expertise in the software development lifecycle and the mind of a world-class software developer.
Benefits and Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-rich working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply