AS Operations West Africa Limited. (ASO) is a Nigeria-registered subsidiary of Adam Smith International (ASI). ASO provides operational support to three DFID-funded projects in Nigeria, i.e. NIAF, GEMS and ENABLE. Operational services include IT and Communications; Residential and Hotel Accommodations; Administrative Support; Domestic Ground and Air Transportation; International Travel and Protocol; and, Security Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager, Accounting Services
- Based in Abuja, this position directs and coordinates the work of the Accounting Services Section for a mid-sized operational services company. Among our clients is a leading international advisory firm that works throughout the world to help reform and improve economies and institutions
- This is a senior-level management position which provides accounting support to the client by directing and coordinating the work of the section and supervising the staff of the section
- Salary is based on an established, posted pay scale. The position is classified as an Management Services Level 10 (developmental)
- Delivering coordinated accounting services to clients in several key cities;
- Supervising a team of accountants in Abuja and Kano including developing a balanced division of labor, overseeing day to day duties of staff and managing leave requests for staff within the section;
- Following up with clients on all finance related matters;
- Working within a team environment to share the workload;
- Chairing a once weekly meeting with project accountants to monitor and follow up on outstanding advance payments;
- Keeping the General Manager informed of all delays or problems within the section; and
- Ensuring transactions posted to the accounting system are accurate;
- Ensuring all work is carried out quickly and on a fixed schedule and delays are communicated appropriately;
- Ensuring staff have collected all required documentation in support of any payment;
- Other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Above-average writing abilities;
- Ability to effectively supervise employees;
- Knowledge of Nigerian Acts related to pension, taxation, etc.
- Ability to use a personal computer, email, Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing (English is required for this position)
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- Ability to read financial budgets, translate information into written reports and make recommendations;
- Ability to transfer data from one source to another with extreme accuracy;
- Knowledge of advanced accounting functions;
- Knowledge of internal controls and accounting functions;
Education and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Accounting from a recognized university;
- Accounting Certification: ICAN, ACCA or CITN;
- Extensive experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel and Word; and
- At least 5 years’ experience supervising a team of staff.
- Experience in payroll accounting;
- Extensive experience in performing detailed accounting functions for a mid to large Nigeria-registered company;
Who Can Apply:
- Nigerian citizens only
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application package to: [email protected] using “Assistant General Manager, Accounting Services” in the email subject line
Your application package should include:
- A covering letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience requirements;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience requirements will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Application Deadline 1600hrs (WAT); 30th June, 2016.