VANSO(Value Added Network Solutions) is a financial technology provider focused on delivering cutting edge and innovative solutions in Africa. Through our proprietary payments (MIMO), banking and messaging (VCP) platforms we deliver highly secure, world class solutions for our clients.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Java Software Engineer Job Vacancy at VANSO.
Job Position: Java Software Engineer
- The Java Software Engineer will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development and client training on assigned technology projects.
- Maintain the various environments of assigned technology projects.
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- Define site objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Developers and Product Owner/Clients for understanding the functional and system requirements. Prepare and conduct system and programming tests in controlled, real life situations before they go live.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- BSc Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related course.
- Professional certifications are desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years systems programming experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Java, HTML, CSS and JavaScrip.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience with different data stores (relational and NoSQL) is essential including performance tuning
- Experience and working knowledge in system integration, web services (SOAP and REST), API development and web security
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL and excellent knowledge of SQL, and optimization
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms, experience with large scale distributed systems, low latency programming and data structures
- Knowledge of banking protocols and processes will be an added advantage
- Passion for clean code and clear naming conventions.
- Result driven and highly execution focused.
- Excellent analytical and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve problems.
- Fluent oral and written English required. Knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.