Best Search Recruitment Limited, is recruiting on behalf of its clients, to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Java Software Engineer
· Lead the development and client training on assigned technology projects.
· Maintain the various environments of assigned technology projects.
· Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Developers and Product Owner/Clients for understanding the functional and system requirements. Prepare and conduct system and programming tests in controlled, real life situations before they go live.
· Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
· Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
· Define site objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
· Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
· BSc Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related course.
· Professional certifications are desired.
· Three (3) to five (5) years systems programming experience.
· Expert level knowledge of Java, HTML, CSS and JavaScrip.
· Ability to learn new tools and technologies
· Experience with different data stores (relational and NoSQL) is essential including performance tuning
· Experience and working knowledge in system integration, web services (SOAP and REST), API development and web security
· Result driven and highly execution focused.
· Excellent analytical and oral communication skills are necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve problems.
· Fluent oral and written English required. Knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous.
· Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL and excellent knowledge of SQL, and optimization
· Possess a firm grasp of algorithms, experience with large scale distributed systems, low latency programming and data structures
· Knowledge of banking protocols and processes will be an added advantage
· Passion for clean code and clear naming conventions.
How to Apply