Versata provides enterprise software solutions that deliver business results, performance and scalability while dramatically reducing IT spending. Versata’s patented solutions decrease IT expenditures by reducing hardware and associated maintenance, leveraging open source technology, and accelerating value delivery to business customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Java + Cassandra Engineer
Hours – this is a full-time position, 40/hrs week, Monday-Friday with at least 4 working hours overlapping with IST business hours.
- Are you a highly-motivated, experienced database administrator looking to further your career by working for a top enterprise software company? If you are an excellent communicator, have strong relationship-building skills and can work successfully both behind the scenes and in client-side interactions – then this is the role for you.
- With our public commitment to a goal of 100% Customer Success, with mission statements articulated for our companies that confirm our commitment to creating long-term customer value, and with customers and team members around the world, we offer an unique business environment that teaches obsessive customer focus on a global scale. That focus, combined with the extreme nature of the complex business problems we solve for some of the world’s largest organizations, creates invaluable experience for business professionals.
- Are you extremely motivated, very detail-oriented and attentive to the process? Are you able to solve difficult issues under pressure and know when it is appropriate to seek help? If you are experienced in Cassandra databases and have Java experience, are independent and adapt to a fast-paced work environment, then this role is for you.
- You will monitor, administrate, and report on production and all Cassandra environments. You will report directly to the team manager without much hand-holding along the way.
- Support Client Services with Reports, Queries and Data updates.
- Assist production DBAs and Development DBAs in maintaining integrity of corporate databases.
- Must be very detail oriented and very attentive to the processes.
- Must be able to solve difficult issues under pressure and when needed know when to ask for help.
- Monitor production environment to ensure that backups and ad-hoc refreshes are completed as expected and performance is within acceptable standards.
- Handle support ticket queue.
Required Experience and Education
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or Technical Studies or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Cassandra database or support experience.
Extensive Troubleshooting Experience:
- It would be nice if you have:
- Production Support Experience.
- ITIL Foundations certification or experience.
- Work experience with PCI and SAS-70/SSAE 16.
- You have Experience with Microsoft Stack (.NET, SQL Server, C#).
- You have an “abundance” approach and are not afraid to tackle a large, daunting task
- Administrator Experience.
- MCTS: SQL Server 2008 a plus.
- Previous Utility Industry experience a plus.
Total Compensation is US$30,000/year ($15/hr).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online