JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Water Treatment Plant Cleaner
Job Ref: 545
Reporting to: Water Treatment Plant Supervisor
- To ensure the day to day operation and control of the water treatment plant overhead tank cleaning and distribution system to ensure that residents, clients and workers have safe and clean water in accordance with polices and standards put in place.
Key Aims and Objectives
- The basic function of the water treatment plant cleaner is to perform work functions that ensure compliance to established policies and procedures, OH &S.
- The water treatment plant cleaner provide for the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment and treatment processes for the reliable production and supply of high quality water.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain the treatment plant systems
- Maintain and operate the filtering and chemical treatment processes
- Inspect, service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water intakes, pipes, water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, circulation pumps boilers, heat exchangers and valves.
- Arrange for major repairs
- Keep a daily log
- Prepare activity and work order reports
- Maintain inventories.
- Ensure records are maintained.
- Ensure an adequate supply of water for human consumption and firefighting activities.
- Inspect the treatment plant systems on a daily basis to ensure effective operations
- Conduct regular inspection of physical plant.
- Establish a preventive maintenance program
- Perform other related duties
- Participate in proactive safety programs including Hazard Observation program; UC/UA.
- Technical knowledge and skills sufficient to complete required job functions.
- Must possess communication skills both oral and written
- High school graduate
- The position requires shift work, 24/7 365 per year.
- 4 years’ experience in required field (minimum).
- Physically fit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply