JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trainer-Welding
Job Ref: 605
Reporting to: Fabrication Training Coordinator
- To deliver the training curriculum and assess candidates to the Nigerian (and as applicable, International) awarding body standards and support trainees to achieve their potential.
- Assist in the development, updating and review of the curriculum as per programme/project’s needs.
- Mentor and coach Trainee Welders, including preparing them to obtain appropriate certifications as required.
Key Aims and Objectives
- This position is to function, under the supervision of the Senior Trainer -Welding. The trainer will, under supervision of the Senior Trainer’s delegation perform instructional tasks, similar to the Senior Trainer
- The Trainer will be a substitute for the Senior Trainer -Welding during leave rotations, and will assist, when available with minor works.
- Deliver effectively structured training and coordinate assessments maximising available resources and in alignment with awarding bodies’ assessment requirements
- Implementing effective learning strategies and environments
- Assessing trainees progress and advising management of same or any additional interventions that may be needed to ensure they are able to successfully complete the Training programme
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure and promote a safe working environment.
- Assist in the preparation of Material Take-Offs, (MTO’s), for training courses.
- Ensure that all materials are of the correct quality, type, grade and size.
- Ensure that sufficient materials are prepared and available for training courses
- Ensure that all Welding equipment is operational and safe for use.
- Ensure that all Welding equipment is cleaned down after each shift.
- Advise the Senior Trainer – Welding on perceived Candidate deficiencies.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic evaluation reports on all Candidates.
- Ensure that all records, reports and certification are kept confidential, filed and archived for the required period.
- Ensure that minor works are conducted as specified and within timescale.
- Assist in ensuring that all hand tools and machine tools are fit for purpose and in sufficient quantity.
- Assist in preparing Candidate Registers.
- Assist in preparing and delivering Candidate aptitude tests.
- Assist in the preparation, delivery, evaluation and reporting on all theoretical fitter training modules.
- Assist in the preparation, delivery, evaluation and reporting on all practical fitter training modules.
- Assist in the preparation, delivery, evaluation and reporting on all periodic examinations.
- Ensure that he is fully conversant with the duties of the Senior Trainer – Welding.
- Assisting in Materials development.
- Assisting in Implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality
- Substitute for the Senior Trainer Welding during leave rotations.
- Assessing trainees progress
- The Trainer will also carry out assessing duties for the training programs.
- Increasing trainees learning through participating in developing a relevant and progressive curriculum
- MTO’s when requested
- Equipment fault reports
- Candidate examination results when required
- Candidate deficiencies
- Periodic Candidate evaluation reports
- Time & materials expended on minor works
- Tooling requirements
- Candidate registers when required
- Candidate aptitude test results when required
- Identification of training module deficiencies
- Trainee Welders
- HCD Manager
- Training & Development Manager
- Training Centre Administrator
- Fabrication Training Coordinator
- Degree, Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Metallurgy Engineering OR a relevant trade certificate/qualification, and demonstrated competency in subject matter including a relevant training qualification.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate trainees, apprentices
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Relevant experience in specialty area
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply