Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Officer
- To provide IT technical services to Katsina, Jigawa and its sub-field offices by troubleshooting IT issues, ensuring timely maintenance of all communication/IT equipment.
- S/he will provide all needed IT services to and also act as a part of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
Key Areas of Accountability
- The Information Technology Officer shall be accountable on the following key areas in Katsina, Jigawa field office of Save the Children International program in Nigeria:*Network Management* Support Katsina, Jigawa field offices on network troubleshooting ensuring an effective network connection. and maintain the entire local area network installed at the supported office locations
- Troubleshooting and maintain the network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Maintain record of the local network, VPN connection and the wide area network installed and terminated in his/her supported location.
- In consultation with the Area Operations Manager and other team-leads, ensure that visitors (including staff from other locations, ERPs and consultants have the necessary IT assistance to enable them carry out their official assignments during their visits.
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks, and troubleshoot problems with his/her assigned field offices.
- Ensure all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories/peripherals are maintain effectively.
- Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all timesAsset Management
- Ensure good asset management at the office(s) he/she is supporting through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system, in close collaboration with the Logistics and Administrative Officers
- Responsible to make sure that all assets (IT and office equipment) is correctly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipments Incident Management
- Ensure proper backup of all staff information, files and folders.Other Support Responsibilities
- Provide a regular activity/progress report to IT/Information Manager on all aspects of IT operations, highlighting any issues encountered and special initiatives taken etc.
- Participate in and as part of the program network IT representative manage by the IT/Information Manager
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures, including safeguarding children, code of conduct, etc.
- Providing first level on IT helpdesk support in assigned field offices
- Communicating any service disruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager Security and Backup
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security and major violations of organizational standards to the in-country IT representative.
- Ensure all IT problems within the office are identified and solutions found and implemented.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings, etc.Telecommunications Management
- Ensure the field/sub-field bases supported by him/her have a well installed and functioning voice network (IP PBX). All devices are functioning and the service is cost effective
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their C.V and qualifying statements to: [email protected] explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Note: Also, applications received after the above closing date will not be considered
Application Deadline 19th October, 2015