Adexen Recruitment Agency -Our client, a fully integrated and efficient downstream player with leading positions in the oil and gas industry, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Help Desk Support
Job reference No: 988
Industry: Oil & Gas
- Receive and record technical and/or application support calls from end users
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems
- Maintain overall ownership of users issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable time frame
- Responsible for first line support on all desktops/laptops
- Coordinate and administer the change management process according to ITIL standard
- LAN troubleshooting and resolution
- Ensure all request logged are assigned ticket numbers
- Interface with resolver teams and follow up to ensure resolution on assigned tickets
- Provide initial assessments of urgency and business impact on all support calls
- Manage service requests, software installations, new computer setups, upgrades, etc
- Record incident resolutions in the Help Desk tool
- Provide enhancement requests feedback to IT regarding technology environment and customer needs through the defined processes.
- University degree or its equivalent in Computer Engineering and other IT-related disciplines.
- 2-3 years directly related work experience in a technical help desk position supporting Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and business applications in a business environment.
- Networking – TCP/IP knowledge
- Installing new hardware or desktop platforms
- Good communication skills
- Highly organised and ability to work on own initiative
- IT-work experience in similar position is required
- E-marketing and system marketing skills
- A keen interest in networking and WAN technology
- Knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques.
- Desktop support knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online