IROKO is Africa’s leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world’s largest online catalogue of African content, totalling 10,000+ hours.
IROKO is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Help Desk Support
- As our IT Support/Admin, you will mainly be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and being the first point of call for technical support across three global offices in London, New York City and Lagos; ensuring our employees get the maximum from their equipment.
- You will need to have an excellent ability to learn new skills and perform all tasks to a very high standard.
- The successful candidate must be willing to learn new systems and be focussed on their own continual improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Being the 1st point of contact for all IT queries/helpdesk across three global offices
- Deploy and maintain PC’s and laptops ensuring all patches are kept up to date
- Setting up new users’ email and slack accounts, adding to internal groups, and dealing with password issues.
- Maintain printers and scanning devices
- Managing phone systems
- Purchasing domain names
- Oversee IT Purchasing for three global offices
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Ordering equipment, gadgets and everyday stationary online
- Shutting down emails, retrieving equipment and removing from groups for ex-employees
- Assist in the roll-out of new application and services.
- Network patching and troubleshooting
- Software installation and upgrades
- Any other duties as requested by the Senior Management team
- Experience in IP network infrastructure – Setting up access points, routers and modems.
- Strong familiarity with Mac OS X
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with employees to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting users of Mac and PC operating systems
- Good working knowledge of how software and operating systems work
- Adept with standard concepts, practices, and procedures around the Google Apps eco-system (Google Drive, Google Admin Console, Google Calendar).
- Experience tracking and documenting company assets
- Experience in managing software licenses (Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Experience with printers/networked printers, VPN, wiring/cabling
The role requires excellent time management and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure. The successful candidate will need to be able to prioritise tasks and fix problems as soon as they occur.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years’ practical work experience in a technical field or as a help desk tech or desk-side support role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply