IROKO is Africa’s leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv.
Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world’s largest online catalogue of African content, totalling 10,000+ hours.
Job Title: Employee Relations and Human Resources Specialist
- iROKO is on the lookout for an experienced Employee Relations Specialist based in our Lagos office.
- Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about working in a creative, fast growing business and be able to handle a varied and challenging workload with a calm and cohesive approach and the requisite gravitas to influence and inspire confidence in your approach.
- In return we will offer support for you to grow and learn in your role, benefits and the chance to be part of something truly dynamic, progressive and exciting!
- You will be responsible for the employee wellbeing over around 100 employees and be an
- administrative expert with outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail.
- You will ideally have experience of payroll administration and health care administration.
- You will help organise and launch employee forums and Peer Group meetings and be experienced in mediation and conflict resolution.
What We Look for In an iROKO Candidate:
At Iroko we passionately believe that all our employees should;
- Be bold
- Be customer
- Be honest
- Be fast
- Be amazing!
We love passionate, focused, confident and ambitious people with a flexible and dynamic approach to their job.
- Responsible for supporting the employee needs and day to day operations of a busy office
- HR Administrative support to the Head of Global HR
- Highly numerate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Database Management Skills
- Able to effectively manage and plan own work priorities, responding professionally to all requests in a timely manner
- Experience in processing visas for international employees
- Ownership of payroll and benefits administration
- Helping prepare proposals, reports and providing support for a new company appraisal system
- Recruitment and onboarding support (and experience in interviewing candidates)
- Helping put together presentations when required so must be proficient in PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Focused on continuous improvement and development, both personally and on behalf of the company
- Able to work calmly and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Takes on board feedback and is proactive in acting on flagged areas for development
- Second to none attention to detail!
- Solution oriented with a creative approach to problem solving
- Focused on building strong and effective working relationships
- A University is degree desirable but not obligatory
- Preferably a qualified member or CIPM Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply