IROKO is Africa’s leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world’s largest online catalogue of African content, totalling 10,000+ hours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Legal Counsel
- To assist Head of Legal with all legal contracts, particularly high volume Free to Air license agreements, administrative support and any other related matters as assigned. Based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide range of agreements and documents, particularly Free To Air license, revenue share and advertising agreements;
- Perform legal research on broad range of matters and local laws, particularly on media and entertainment in Nigeria; and
- Track all legal contracts and develop a contract calendar.
- Provide support to Head of Legal, senior-level management and sales and marketing teams;
- Handle high volume transactions with tight deadlines;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Comfortable with Free to Air (particularly), Pay TV, Advertising and other commercial contracts
- Requires little or no supervision
- Member of the Nigerian Bar
- At least 3-5 years experience practising law with or clerking for a law firm in Nigeria, or in-house with a leading Free to Air channel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and be solution-oriented
- Cultural awareness
- Research Skills
- Ability to work proactively, independently and under tight time frames
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply