MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business.
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
MainOne Cable is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IP Operations Engineer
Unit: IP Operations
Reporting Line: IP Operations Manager
- The IP Engineer will be responsible for designing, integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Relevant professional/technical certifications.
- Troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Providing network solutions.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Network administration and maintenance.
- Primarily focus on all level 2 escalated issues from the GNOC for timely (<30mins) resolution with minimal supervision
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- L2 and L3 MPLS experience.
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS,OSPF, EIGRP).
- IP multicast experience.
- Other assigned duties.
- To work directly under the supervision of IP Operation Supervisor
Contacts – You will be required to:
- Work closely with the NOC team.
- Undertake regular planning sessions with Senior IP Engineer/Head Network Planning & Implementation/ Head of Network Operations
Qualifications & Skils
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Varying degrees of experience required from 2 – 3 years.
- Hands on experience configuring Cisco and Juniper routers
- Preferably CCNA and CCNP certifications.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies – TCP/IP, BGP, DNS,
- VPNs, Firewalls, proxy etc.
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing complex, high. performance networks with multiple locations and applications, preferably service provider networks.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team work
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Time & self-management skills
- Relationship Management
Demands on the job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- 10% travel/ or as required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, click on “IP Operations Engineer”