Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy adding value for public and private clients on agenda-setting, next-generation projects worldwide. We use our ingenuity to save our customers money and time, reduce risks, increase efficiency, maximize sustainable outcomes and advance best practice.
Job Industry: NGO/Non Profit
Job Title: Intervention Leader
Job Location: Lagos
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Design, manage and periodically revise the overall intervention strategy within the Information work stream;
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Develop an activity plan and results chain for each intervention and review such documents on a periodic (at least quarterly) basis;
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Develop and manage the budget for each intervention and activity, and the Information work stream overall;
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Review and analyze a market assessment of current practices for generating, disseminating and exchanging information on education (particularly private education);
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Work with existing media partners to develop, design and manage a program of support activities to improve the generation and dissemination of reliable and accurate information on education (particularly to low-income families).
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Work with further media stakeholders to create new partnerships to increase and enhance their educational coverage, as well as its quality, relevance and commercial viability;
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Work with and support mass media organizations to increase the effective and sustainable dissemination and communication of reliable educational information
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Manage a training and mentoring program to build the capacity of reporters, journalists and broadcasters around the coverage of educational issues in Lagos
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Work with and support private school associations, the MOE, research bodies and other stakeholders to promote the generation of accurate informational content on education and the better use of different media channels, as well as build the capacity of the MOE and associations to access and communicate relevant information more effectively;
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Liaise with civil society organizations (CSOs) to review and support their activities around education information flows
- Explore and initiate new interventions, activities and/or partnerships;
- The Intervention Leader at Mott MacDonald Conduct ongoing analysis of the constraints on the private education market;
- Identify areas for potential research;
- Provide the results and learning
team with regular data on work stream activities and progress as required;
- Engage the R&L team to undertake monitoring and evaluation activities (surveys, polling, etc) to support and validate Information outputs;
- Provide the Communications Officer with information on the Information interventions and activities
- Ensure that all aspects of the Information activities and interventions are conducted in such a way as to consider the impact on and maximise the learning outcomes of girls and children from low-income families;
- Significant professional experience working on media development and/or development communications projects or programmes, ideally with experience in education and/or international/social development.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial media market in Lagos and how the business works
- Strong understanding of Knowledge Management processes: research and data capture > processing/ packaging > communication
- Education to first level degree or equivalent.
- Strong strategic planning, project cycle management, financial and budgeting skills.
- Excellent communications skills (speaking, reading and writing).
Fluent in English
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective people and team management skills.
- Experience working in international and cross-cultural contexts.
- Confidence/proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc) and email packages.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Application Closing Date:
How to Apply:
Click here to apply