Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the International POP and Satellite Enterprise Manager Vacancy at Airtel Nigeria
Job Position: Manager,International POP and Satellite Enterprise
- Control, Manage and Support day to day operations and maintenance of the international traffic, satellite traffic and enterprise network to ensure optimum transmission network availability, excellent customer experience, delivering operational excellence with most cost optimized model in the world.
Day to day management of all Network Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners (SPs) to deliver optimal availability and perpetual quality (Customer)
- Review of Low level connectivity Solution Design for each international traffic, Satellite design and Enterprise customer for best uptime
- Delivery of IPLC leases lines for Enterprise team by coordinating with Submarine providers.
- Cross connection coordination for new international or domestic lease lines with partners to do provisioning in time.
- Day to day Escalation handling of Uptime Monitoring
- Day to day troubleshooting with partners for quick resolution of enterprise complaints, international traffic complains as enterprise team do not have anybody for transmission operations.
- Change management for all the transmission related network upgrades.
- Design of future plan for preventing reoccurrence
- Drafting,owning and implementing the international traffic, satellite traffic and enterprise traffic in accordance with the preventive maintenance & Escalation procedures.
- Periodic audit of all international traffic, enterprise traffic and satellite domains
- Spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non-critical spares
- OEM and MS partners Service Provider Service Level Agreement management
- Incidence management recommendation follow up of downtime/issues
- Support the Operational Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial, Customer Service Delivery and IT teams
- Ensure all regional Requirements and deliverables of international and enterprise traffic Operations and Maintenance are met.
Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP( Process Management):
- Create and Ensure adherence to Governance Model.
- Define service level agreements for internal processes and partners, monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to all touch points
- Ensure compliance to applicable policies, procedures and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to ensure synergy across all international and local MS partners and Transmission SPs services
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all Transmission SPs are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly.
- Ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the central and Region adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
Partner & Contract Management:
- Ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Identify processes that will continually improve efficiency of delivery of Key Performance Indicators
Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel to create a high performance team environment:
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- 5 -7 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 4-6 years managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
- With at least 3 – 5 years hands on experience in various international traffic routing.
- Enterprise traffic and satellite operations
- Tactical disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online