promotion of Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) as a key strategy to influencing government educational services, and providing an opportunity to strengthen IPPF’s CSE services.
The objective of the 2016 youth internship programme is to promote adolescents and young people as key agents for social change through leadership and innovative approaches for increased access to CSE. The 2016 Youth internship programmeseeks to fund individual youth projects that aim to promote or increase access to CSE. IPPF invite you to apply for the six-month youth internship programme today.
- holding governments accountable for implementation of existing positive policies, strategies and curriculum on CSE-addressing legal, social and cultural barriers that affect young people ‘s, particularly those with limited access ( including girls) to CSE;
- reaching a maximum of Young people with CSE messages
- strengthening linkages between CSE activities, YFS and Youth led Advocacy initiatives;
- improving access of Young people, parents and other communities to CSE,particularly to Sensitive topics
- mobilising additional resources for adolescents access to Comprehensive Sexuality Education;
- Improving CSE curriculum to address needs of specific groups of Young people such as Young LGBTI, Young people living with disabilities, Young people living with HIV, Young people facing gender based violence, etc.
- developing innovative/ creative,cost effective and user friendly approaches to address cultural and social norms barriers to CSE, to strengthen capacities of keys stakeholders, to reach as many as possible people with CSE messages, to reduce drop out and ensure that cohort of Young people complete CSE curriculum, to monitor programs and evaluate outcomes,etc
- Been active youth volunteer and a member of his/her Member Association’s YAM.
- Be at the age of 24 years of age or below on the date of the application. The applicant will be required to provide evidence of the age and MAs of origin to validate the evidence of their recommended nominee.
Have attained tertiary education at a recognized institution of higher learning in the home country; a first or second level degree (Masters) is an added advantage.
Be self-supporting in basic computer skills (Word, Excel, and Power Pointetc.)
Be in possession of a valid travel document (passport) with at least 12 months to the date of expiry from the date of appointment.
Be fluent in one of IPPFAR official languages, preferably the MA hosting spoken language (English, French or Portuguese); fluency in a second IPPFAR language will be an added advantage.
How Much is Available:
- Each applicant can apply for a maximum of 5,000 US$ for national or sub national projects and 7,000 US$ for regional projects
- Fill out the Application Form
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5th, 2016
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: April 5th 2016