International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
International Organization for Migration is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator (Emergency Response)
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the direct supervision of the Chief Of Mission(COM), in coordination with Regional Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Specialist in RO Dakar and technical over sight of IOM Headquarters (HQs) Department of Operations & Emergencies (DOE), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for all operations and coordination activities organized by IOM Mission in Nigeria in relation to the humanitarian crisis in the North East
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor administrative and operational activities of approved emergency related projects.
- Monitor, supervise and oversee the Project Managers/Officers responsible for the execution of emergency projects. Ensure the application of the strategy, procedural standards and policies of IOM emergency projects.
- Ensure good and effective coordination of activities between different IOM emergency projects and relevant stakeholders of the Emergency Shelter (ES)/NFI/CCCM working group, as well as with the National and State level Emergency Management Agencies (N/SEMA), local authorities, and donors.
- Ensure IOM ES/NFI/CCCM fulfill its sectorial coordination functions under the leadership of the NEMA and establish linkages between coordination mechanisms at state level and the national level in Abuja.
- Identify new opportunities consistent with the approved emergency projects and ongoing activities. Recommend projects’ improvements.
- Prepare or ensure timely preparation and submission of all emergency project reports according to IOM and donor formats as required. Prepare regular updates, project summaries, press releases and other relevant materials.
- Provide financial, administrative and logistical backstopping to identify, train and supervise staff in accordance with IOM’s procedures and regulations.
- Undertake duty travel relating to need assessments, emergency project monitoring, and liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new project development, as required.
- Represent IOM in inter-agency coordination forum and other as required.
- Contribute to the development of emergency response project implementation strategies aimed at meeting the projects’ objective.
- Review and adjust proposals to ensure consistency with relevant priorities of IOM Nigeria emergency response, including IOM role in ES/NFI and CCCM sector coordination, taking into consideration available resources. Formulate and present such proposals through the use of technical and substantive inputs, in accordance with the required format for final review and approval.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism.
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Incorporates gender-related needs,perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly.
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management.
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations.
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
- University degree in the above fields, with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Practical experience with international organizations, in development, implementation and evaluation and/or project implementation and management.
- Ability to supervise large numbers of staff.
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, inter-governmental institutions, other national and international institutions and national and international NGOs.
- Previous experience working in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Experience in Camp Coordination and Camp Management,ES/NFI, Shelter, DTM and project management and/or coordination;
- Familiarity with different project cycle steps and donor relations.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic or French is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th April, 2016.