International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
IMC has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects, building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age.
IMC is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Logistics Officer to be based in its Maiduguri office.
JOB TITLE: LOGISTICS OFFICER-MAIDUGURI
The Logistics Officer will be based in Maiduguri and is responsible for facilitating the procurement and logistics aspects of International Medical Corps’ procurement and logistic operation. Working closely with Program, Administration and Finance; He/She will be instrumental in supporting program activities in Borno by ensuring effective and efficient service delivery to the programme team.
Main Responsibility•Support supervisor with the delivery of, and implementation of, all logistics support systems according to IMC Logistics policies and procedures.
• Support local market surveys, to gain knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
• Support engagement with freight forwarding agencies, freight handling/clearance agents, and local Customs, to ensure that cargo is managed at all points of the supply chain.
• Ensure proactive tracking of all supplies, equipment, materiel and food in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution.
• Ensure timely reporting on stock status, to help program staff with planning of stock replenishment, and, support program staff to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions and plans of supervisor, donors, IMC, and project partners.
• Assist with the management of all matters logistics at field office level
• Assist with ensuring that the usage of fuel is correctly managed and recorded.
• Raise issues with supervisor on security-related transport issues, such as booking in/out, satcomms, radios and assist with addressing them.
• Be flexible and manage time accordingly, to be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with role, and level of experience, at short notice.
- University degree in a business management or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in procurement and logistics departments of governmental, non-governmental or commercial organization.
- An experience in large scale supply chain management preferably Humanitarian Logistics
- Work experience with International non-governmental organization in emergency context would be added advantage
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Understanding of local Language( Hausa) is mandatory
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Willingness to work in hardship area
- Good management skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply