International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
IMC has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects, building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age.
IMC is therefore looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of Logistics Assistants to be based in its Country Office Abuja and its office in Maiduguri office.
JOB TITLE: LOGISTICS ASSISTANTS- MAIDUGURI AND ABUJA (2 Positions)
SummaryA Logistics Assistant will be based in Maiduguri and support the Logistics Officer; while another will be based in Abuja will be supporting the Logistics Manager. The position holders will follow-up on receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received, dispatched and stored in the warehouse(s) in collaboration with his/her line Manager, the post holders will manage inventory of all equipment and stocks. He/She will generally provide backup Logistics functions and support to programme delivery for IMC Nigeria.
- Assist in managing daily transport movement of staff and movement tracking
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases
- Assist the Logistics Officer in distributing Request for Quotations (RFQs) and Purchase Orders (POs) and collection of quotations
- Assist the Logistics Officer in following up with vendors, suppliers and contractors
- Manage stationery store and Programme supplies warehouse and update all records as may be required (BIN cards, stock card, stock issue form, waybills, dispatch notes) etc.
- Assist with logistics filing system and procurement documentations such other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the service
- Degree in Business Management or any related field
- IT/excel literate
- 2 years logistics or procurement work experience preferred
- Highly motivated, and flexible
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO
- Good interpersonal skills
- An experience Store/warehouse management is desired
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Understanding of local Language( Hausa) is mandatory
- Willingness to work in hardship area
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply