IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician II
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-033
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in laboratory and field research activities related to plantain breeding;
- Assist in maintaining of stock and inventory for germplasm and laboratory items;
- Participate in research data collection, entry and processing;
- Assist in supervising casuals in daily assigned tasks;
- Assist with collection, processing and documentation of field and lab samples;
- Ensure sterile environment practices, orderliness of lab, screen house and works environment;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- ND in General Agriculture, Science Laboratory Technology or related field with 2 years’ relevant experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Be computer literate.
- Have ability to write report.
- Have good interpersonal skill, diligence and attention to detail.
- Have good self-motivation and self-organized
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline 9th September, 2016.